DSL keeps disconnecting in DC
bcxmh
Enthusiast - Level 1

Every 30 minutes or so my DSL connection disconnects, and I have to reset my router.  Then it works again for another 30 minutes, before it needs to be reset again.  It seems like a lot of people are experiencing this issue right now.

I have not had any problems with my Verizon DSL before, and I first noticed this on Sunday, May 6, but I was out of town for a few days before that.

What is going on?

Re: DSL keeps disconnecting in DC
RalfN
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon reported network problems in Chevy Chase on their twitter feed earlier today.

They never fully restored service from the April 10 or May 2 crashes, so you may be in for a wait. Given the "high volume of phone calls" today (Verizon's phrase) and their lack of presence here, twitter may be the only place to get any response from Verizon concerning network problems.

js109
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in Greenbelt and reported the problem via Twitter. I received a phone call from Verizon (from an actual American representative). He wasn't able to figure out yet what the problem might be. I wasn't so helpful, saying we reset the modem everytime the DSL had gone out over the last few days, but wasn't able to specifically tell what lights were on, off, or blinking on the modem. He did leave a number to get back in touch to report further issues.

I said I was aware of people reporting problems who were in Philly, and one person in Chevy Chase, but I wasn't aware of other people around DC that might be having problems. My suggestion is, report it to @VerizonSupport via Twitter and let them get in touch with you.

magus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Disonnects in NW Baltimore as well.

TomatoQueen
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has been occurring in Alexandria, VA since Sunday morning, so it appears to be widespread; sorry to say thank goodness but it's better than having to replace gear.

0 Likes