DSL keeps dropping connection
Koda1950

I'm in Fairfax, Virginia and for nearly two weeks now, service has been terrible for internet. It started with me bringing home a set top box for my television service to replace the Tivo we had. I plugged in the box, and could not get it activated. Online, same thing. So, I called support and after nearly a half hour, was told that the system was down and to please wait a bit and try again. A tech finally had to be dispatched and while it took him a bit, he was finally able to activate the box. I'm only pointing this out in case it has any revelance to the other issues.

Within a day of that, the internet went down. All day long the connection would just drop off. Sometimes it would work for an hour or so, then boom. The VDSL light on the modem would start to blink, then vanish, only to re-boot again. This happens all day long with absolutely no consistency. Techs came out twice. The TV tech (for the above incident) switched us out to the newest router, no luck. The next tech swapped out the modem and the router...again, no luck. When it gets plugged in and initially tested, it works. It isn't until moments later (after the tech leaves) that whole fiasco starts up again.

I should mention that at the same time, VOD on the STB barely works. The image is pixelated and I get continous network issues and finally can't watch a full show no matter what. Both my mother and I work from home, so a viable internet connection is imperative. I can't get anybody to help me with this, and I have no clue what is going on. Is anyone else in the area experiencing any issues or have any idea what may be going on? I've tried both through wireless and plugged in. No luck. The VDSL light just blinks randomly and won't stay connected.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Re: DSL keeps dropping connection
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes