DSL plans
chcooke44

I'm waiting (hopefully not in vain) for FIOS service to reach my house.  in the meantime I have Verizon DSL, the higher speed option. I have to reset my wireless modem/router half a dozen times a day.  The technician who came out said the reason for this was that my house is at the very limit (in terms of distance) for the higher DSL speed service.  I'm currently getting about 1.53 mps (?); the technician said I should switch to the lower DSL speed option and I would get the same speed but without all the interruptions.  Is this true? 1.5 mps is the upper limit of the lower speed option and I wonder if it would really be that fast.  Comments, ideas, suggestions most welcome and thanks in advance.  Christopher

0 Likes
Re: DSL plans
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The next package below the one you have would be 1Mbps/384kbps, unless I'm missing some sort of memo.

What do your Transceiver Statistics look like? If you can get a copy of your modem logs to post up to www.pastebin.com for us, that would also be great. We'd need the URL to your Pastebin if you can put it up. Just let us know what modem you have if you need help getting that information.

0 Likes