Re: DSL price increase but no FIOS available
JustmeToo2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the additional info.  I'll see if I can get a person on the phone that has that sort of information.  I know I am in a unique hub that covers two cities right at the boundary.  I didn't have to change my phone number when I moved from one city to the other.  Whether I might have to change my phone number to get to better equipment is something I'll ask about.

I'll let you know if I get anywhere!

0 Likes
fredfred1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just received my Verizon bill with the same $7 increase as you. I called and talked with Customer Service. They lowered the price on my Double Play bundle by $10. However, there appears to be a new policy. According to the rep I talked to, Verizon will be raising the cost of it's High Speed Internet by $7 per month each year from now on. At first he said that policy had been in effect for awhile, then said it was a "new policy" when I explained that I had never seen an annual $7 per month increase.The whole thing felt dodgy.

I'll stay with Verizon for this year. Unfortunately, I can't get FIOS in my building so that's not an option, but I'll start looking at alternatives. A $7 per month increase every year with no improvement in service doesn't seem like a very good deal to me. Just sayin'.

JustmeToo2
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I talked to them I asked if the new rate was ever going to expire, and she said no.  I wanted to make sure it wasn't some introductory rate. My Double Play, went down quite a bit, way more than what they offered you. You may want to call back. The rate I was quoted through the chat feature was more than they offered when I called. My Bldg does not have Fios and will not likely ever get it, which seemed to be a factor.  I was not expecting that large a drop.  My phone portion is Freedom Essentials, which is basically unlimited long-distance.  Not sure if that info helps you or not.  Good luck!!

0 Likes
coffeesnob1

my verizon dsl is 60 bucks a month  no other service with it  just halway decent internet connection. I can't get fios. Nor cable

0 Likes