DSL service problem and lack of customer service
SBREPS
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is a sad day that I find myself on a Verizon Forum trying to find resolution.

About 7 days ago my DSL service dropped of to the point it felt like 1995 with dial up.

So I called Verizon , goth through the prompts and ended up talking to someone in a call center

that must have been 1/2 way around the world.  Unplug the modem, plug it back in , yeah I've done

that 100 times.  No luck.  So they send me a new modem with promises I will be back up or near 3mbps.

Fortunately I received a call that evening from what appeared to be a technician here in Southern California,

she clicked around and said my incoming line was at 100% capacity and she then moved my "D-Slam"?

over and instantly I had 2.7 mbps.  Magic happened.  The new modem showed up the next day (Feb 21)

I got it going on Saturday (Feb 22) and I was cooking along at 2.8 mbps.

Then the wheels fell off on Sunday.

.35 kbps

Monday (Feb 26) 1 1/2 hour call with a customer service rep. Worthless....

He said a Verizon tech would come to my house today,Tuesday (Feb 25)

that was a Lie

I called back today, Tuesday Feb 25th, again spoke with someone 1/2 way around the world asking me to unplug

my modem again.  Good Grief.......

The I am given a telephone number for the Tech Support Center. Yeah !!

45 minute hold, and I get dropped, nice....

call back

60 minute hold, dropped again.

I get it Verizon, you don't care, not a single one of your people will take ownership and correct this.

I just want what I pay for each and every month, on time.  You need to provide exactly what you take my money for.

0 Likes
Re: DSL service problem and lack of customer service
TexKSAH

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I am going thourgh the exact same issues.  Mine started the day the DSL line was installed on 1/22 and have continued now for over 34days.  I was told all the same things (circuit congestion, d-slam port, bad cross connect, uplink at my CO failing, etc).  The current excuse is congestion on the Texas OC-12 SONET Ring and no ETA on a resolution.

I'm beginign to see a pattern here of excuses from Verizon until you just give up complaining!  I'm paying for the 7Mbps DSL yet I am getting under 3Mbps and 250-300ms pings the majority of the time.  Occationally (but rarely) it jumps upto normal, but then goes back to bad 1 hour later. 

34 days and counting and still no resolution from Verizon..... 

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Step one: Visit http://www.giganews.com/line_info.html and post up the Traceroute the page shows, if you wish. Be aware that your non-bogan public IP Address will show up.  It might shown up as the final hop (bottom-most line of the trace)  might contain a hop with your IP address in it. Either remove that line or show only the first two octets. What I'm looking for is a line that mentions "ERX" in it's name towards the end. If for some reason the trace does not complete (two lines full of Stars), keep the trace route intact.

For example this what I saw when I was using Verizon

news.giganews.com

traceroute to 71.242.*.* (71.242.*.*), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
    1 gw1-g-vlan201.dca.giganews.com (216.196.98.4) 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms
    2 ash-bb1-link.telia.net (213.248.70.241) 39 ms 7 ms 7 ms
    3 TenGigE0-2-0-0.GW1.IAD8.ALTER.NET (63.125.125.41) 4 ms 4 ms GigabitEthernet2-0-0.GW8.IAD8.ALTER.NET (63.65.76.189) 4 ms
    4 so-7-1-0-0.PHIL-CORE-RTR1.verizon-gni.net (130.81.20.137) 6 ms 6 ms 6 ms
    5 P3-0-0.PHIL-DSL-RTR11.verizon-gni.net (130.81.13.170) 6 ms 6 ms 6 ms
    6 static-71-242-*-*.phlapa.east.verizon.net (71.242.*.*) 32 ms 32 ms 33 ms

Step two: Can you provide the Transceiver Statistics from your modem?

#3 If you don't know how to get that info:

a) What is the brand and model of your modem?

b) If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to it: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

#4 If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to the modem, even if you know how to get the Transceiver Statistics from the modem: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

0 Likes
SBREPS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well once again our beloved Verizon has found a way to provide me with 2.8gbps.

No one came to my house as I was told.

No one called.

Just as it goes it came back.

So I assume some tech in a building lord knows where clicked on a few buttons and made the correction.

Yes I am pleased to have my service back.

But dear Verizon you still own the title of Hopeless Customer Service.

I came home yesterday to have a message on my phone, it was a pre-recorded message from Verizon asking me if the problem was solved and if not call back on the 800 number for Customer Service, just swell !!

0 Likes
SBREPS
Enthusiast - Level 2

ha ha ha to me

Sunday March 02 report

Speed Test  :   0.53 mbps down      0.22 mbps up

I am looking for new Broadband service on Monday,

Fool me once Verizon, shame on you

Fool me twice Verizon, shame on me

good bye

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi SBREPS,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

SBREPS,

We have not had any contact from you regarding your DSL speeds, while we are happy to help we cannot take any action if you do not communicate with us via your Private Support Case. As such we are now closing said case. If you still require assistance please make a new post.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes