DSL vs. "Enhanced DSL": $35 / more, same data transfer speeds...?!
jenesim
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am at the end of rope here, please help.

I've grandfathered a stand-alone, "regular" DSL service from Verizon, for some $20 / months. The download / upload speeds were 0.9 Mbps / 0.3 Mbps. I needed higher speeds to work from home, so I chose the "Enhanced" DSL from Verison, with advertised download transfer rates of 3 - 7 Mbps.

One week ago I've puchased it. Instead of $10 extra for just the "Enhancement", I had to pay $35, because Verizon bundled it with a land-line phone service I do not need. I said - OK, as long as I get the advertised speeds.

But - I still have my "regular" DSL speeds after:

* Three days past the promised "service date", June 19, 2013

* Email notification regarding my recent order that Verizon had sent me a new modem to "NJ, USA, dated 2012". I live in PA, and it is 2013...? Needless to say, I did not receive any new modem subsequent to the upgrade.

* Four one-hour chat conversations with support people, giving me only robot-like responses. While being pushed back-and-forth between tech and billing, I've learned that Verizon will reimburse me for the delay in service. Unfortunately, this would not help me catch up on lost productivity.

* One-hour hold on 1-800-verizon phone line earlier today.

I have rebooted my modem, Westell 6100F, and router, Netgear WGR614 v9. My router link supports 54 Mbps traffic. All my wireless devices report "regular" DSL speeds.

I've asked the "techs", but never got an answer what PHYSICALLY Verizon need to do to activate the"Enhancement". Is it reprograming the signal to my existing wires? Is it sending a tech to beef up the wire? Is it sending me a new modem? 

As I said, I am at the end of rope here, please help. Thanks!

Re: DSL vs. "Enhanced DSL": $35 / more, same data transfer speeds...?!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there jenesim.

We'll be closing your private case thread since we have not heard back from you. If you need further assistance, please reach out to us again via this public thread.

Thank you,

Art

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you look on MyVerizon, does the website show you have the Enhanced DSL package? We can get the speed turned up easily for as long as the account shows the correct speeds. It's also a question as to whether or not the line is in good shape and is of good length.

0 Likes