Deletion of web site
jespat1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Received notice that my verizon web site will be deleted on September 30, 2014. I am upset with that and think my price for internet should be reduced then. Just another rip off, I guess.

0 Likes
Re: Deletion of web site
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't want a dumb pipe like the rest of us? 🙂 I'd love it if Verizon could focus on giving everyone an unlimited, unrestricted pipe that works well rather than playing around with bonus features, threatening users for excessive usage and having peering issues. The bonuses are nice, but they're not actually priced into the service.

The way I see it, Verizon's web hosting is extremely, extremely basic and limited. You can do much more with the many free web hosts (without ads, even!) available online in comparison to what Verizon offers. For example: FTP, SFTP, PHP, Python, Ruby, CloudFlare support, unlimited bandwidth and disk at some free hosts, e-mail addresses, the ability to tie your own domain to the account, web-based file managers, and website builders that make more modern looking pages, to name several features.

0 Likes