Dropping after 10PM
th1948

I connect to my employer's network via DSL highspeed internet at all times of day and night.  For several months my connection has been dropped repeatedly after 10 PM.  Verizon has provided a new D-Link modem/router, but the problem persists.  If Verizon does not resolve this issue, I may lose the job I have held for 8+ years.  What do I need to do to get help?

0 Likes
Re: Dropping after 10PM
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Please contact Tech Support again and see if they have anything else to offer.

0 Likes
Re: Dropping after 10PM
th1948

Thank you, Elizabeth.  I have contacted Verizon support and received a lot of attention and service from some really fine technicians and support agents.  They have escalated my DSL speeds and checked all my wiring, cables and cords, but I still lost my connection with my employer's server last night in the middle of my shif and again this morning with my emailt.  I called Verizon again today and the phone support agent tweaked some things on my modem and line, and said there was a lot of static on my modem.  This phone agent suggested turning my modem off for a minute each day to purge the static.  Everyone else has told me to leave the modem on. I got this modem just 2-3 weeks ago.  Who knows?  In the meantime I have relocated my modem away from other electronic devices, e.g., speakers, analog phone, lamp.  My supervisor at work said no one there has ever heard of a similar situation and they found only one case like it on Google in 2010.  I'll keep you posted after my next few work shifts.  Wish me luck.

0 Likes