Dry loop and porting
hound2

I ported my number early this summer. I now have a dry loop with Verizon with a different phone number. I was also sent a new modem/router this week and installed it yesterday. I had ordered  3/768 and am getting the slowest connect which I tested with the speedtest. I was unable to use my dry loop phone number to install the new modem , it would only recognize the number that had been ported.

When I called CS today they were going to transfer me to Frontier...but I have never been a Frontier customer. Is there anyone out there who can complete my port and activate my dry loop with my dry loop number. RR is starting to look good right now.

Anne

0 Likes
Re: Dry loop and porting
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

If you are located in one of the areas that Verizon sold to Frontier, then you are now a Frontier customer. I would recommend contacting Frontier support. I understand they tend to be a little more... engaged than your average VZ rep. Since they've just gone from being a small company to a large one, we'll see if it lasts.

http://newscenter.verizon.com/press-releases/verizon/2009/verizon-to-divest-wireline.html

The operations Frontier will acquire include all of Verizon's local wireline operating territories in Arizona, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin.  In addition, the transaction will include a small number of Verizon's exchanges in California, including those bordering Arizona, Nevada and Oregon.

0 Likes
hound2

I wish I could deal with Frontier but I am in NY state and still have the same problem.

Anne

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@hound wrote:

I wish I could deal with Frontier but I am in NY state and still have the same problem.

Anne

In that case, call and ask for a supervisor immediately. (Tell the agent that it's nothing they did, you just want a supervisor.) They may be able to help you a bit more effectively.

If they try to send you to Frontier again, kick them in the head. 😉

0 Likes