Email problems
riche987
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone noticed when viewing incoming emails with a link ie:www.google.com the link no longer shows as active. If you open the email the link looks like plain text It no longer has the underline and isn't clickable so to speak. I know others are having the same problem but tech support doesn't seem to understand the issue. Wondering if there was a software change or updated software installed on the mail server. Can't seem to get a answer from Verizon or a fix

0 Likes
Re: Email problems
VZ_Kevin
Contributor - Level 2

I apologize for the inconvenience.

I tested this out by sending myself an email with a plain text link and a formatted link. I sent this using the rich interface on webmail.

When I view the e-mail in both interfaces (rich + basic), the plain text link shows as that- plain text. And the formatted link shows like a formatted link, where you can click it and etc. So in other words, text shows as text and a link that's formatted correctly as a link shows as a link.

I do not remember it ever working differently than this but my memory may be failing me.

Heinz57
Enthusiast - Level 2

Kevin,

I have the same webmail problem. I am not sure what you mean by plain text versus formatted text. But the following line did not highlight at all (turn a different color) when I read it in my Verizon email. It does highlight here in this forum entry.

http://yro.slashdot.org/story/10/01/05/2359237/China-Faces-Piracy-Suit-Over-Censorship-Software

My webmail was working fine until a couple of weeks ago when this problem started. It also happened several months ago, and lasted for about a month. I believe that there may be a problem with the Verizon webmail application that shows up sometimes for some users. Apparently this is not happening for everybody.

0 Likes
msparkin
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Heinz57 wrote:

Kevin,

I have the same webmail problem. I am not sure what you mean by plain text versus formatted text. But the following line did not highlight at all (turn a different color) when I read it in my Verizon email. It does highlight here in this forum entry.

http://yro.slashdot.org/story/10/01/05/2359237/China-Faces-Piracy-Suit-Over-Censorship-Software

My webmail was working fine until a couple of weeks ago when this problem started. It also happened several months ago, and lasted for about a month. I believe that there may be a problem with the Verizon webmail application that shows up sometimes for some users. Apparently this is not happening for everybody.

I've been having the exact same problem. 

0 Likes
TopGun
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello there,

Your email problem << anchor text >> not working is the result of  Verizon updating the software Rich Interface, however the DSL technical group does not communicate with the software group.

In fact, they are like two different Verizon companies?

Also, both are outsourced the downside is customer complaints are not addressed by the staffs. Which results in the problem NOT being addressed.

We have no way of communicating with the software group, because they do not take support calls.

So we have no way to voice the problem and nobody is accountable to the poor paying users.

We have to generate an executive level complaint highlighting poor performance given the tons of wasted online time, we spend doing cut & pasting email links into our browser.

Skyfrog

I'm also having the non-active link problem.  It's been a couple of weeks for me, too.  So how are we to get a fix from Verizon???

Where do we send our emails so that Verizon tech support will SEE them?  This is getting very tiresome.  I've tried copying and pasting links into the address bar--sometimes it works, sometimes not. 

I've forwarded my email to Yahoo.com if there are several links I want to click.  These  workarounds are getting really old.

Skyfrog

0 Likes
Skyfrog

Hey, Top Gun, I just saw your email after I posted mine.  BTW, I use FiOS and noticed this is a DSL/Dialup list. 

Anyway, how do we generate that executive level complaint?  Or have you already done that?

Skyfrog

0 Likes
msparkin
Enthusiast - Level 2

The links in my webmail are sent to me formatted correctly but the Verizon webmail is doing something to the links that is making them inactive.

@VZ_Kevin wrote:

I apologize for the inconvenience.

I tested this out by sending myself an email with a plain text link and a formatted link. I sent this using the rich interface on webmail.

When I view the e-mail in both interfaces (rich + basic), the plain text link shows as that- plain text. And the formatted link shows like a formatted link, where you can click it and etc. So in other words, text shows as text and a link that's formatted correctly as a link shows as a link.

I do not remember it ever working differently than this but my memory may be failing me.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@msparkin wrote:

The links in my webmail are sent to me formatted correctly but the Verizon webmail is doing something to the links that is making them inactive.

I think there is some confusion here about the difference between a link and a URL.

The URL (Universal Resource Locator) of a page is its actual address. Ex. "http://www.verizon.net" - Think of it like a street address for the webpage. There seems to be no way to keep the forums from formatting that as a link, so pretend it's just text.

A hyperlink takes text and tells your computer that when you click on the linked text (the "anchor"), your browser needs to open the URL referenced (the "target").

I am attaching a text file that shows (VERY basic) HTML. If you want to view this page in your browser, you can change the extension from .txt to .htm or .html - The site will not allow me to upload it with those extensions. The first line on the page (when viewed as a webpage) is a URL. The second is a URL that has been formatted as a hyperlink, the third is regular text that has been formatted as a hyperlink (All point to verizon.net). If you view this as a text file, you will be able to see the differences in background coding.

If you receive an email with a URL in it, Verizon's Webmail will not automatically format it as a hyperlink. It has to be formatted as a hyperlink (not simply typing in the URL) by the person composing the message in order to show up as a hyperlink when you receive it.

Hopefully this clears up some of the confusion. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Dior55

Hi, I am having an email problem as well and can't figure out how or whom to speak to about it.  I am often traveling and use my mobile phone to obtain my business emails (not a Verizon issue).  For my personal emails, while on the road I depend on www.mail2web.com to pick up emails coming into my personal Verizon account.  I have had the same email and service for about 7 years and as far back as I can remember, I've used the mail2web site without any issues.  In the "old days", once I deleted an email it was deleted forever, whether it was on my home computer or remotely through mail2web. 

However, over the last 6 - 7 months, when I delete an eamil from my home computer, while the email is gone from my Outlook on my home computer, whenever I log onto mail2web and collect my emails, the old deleted emails are still present and sitting there back at verizon's server (?). 

In any event, right now I have about 500 "deleted" emails "stored" whereas I thought they were deleted.  (Over the last several months, I have gone through the tedious work of again deleting these emails through mail2web otherwise there would be several thousand of them sitting there).

This sucks.  I really like the old way better - i.e., when I hit delete, the email is wiped out forever, and I never have to look at it again. 

How can I fix this issue, I want it back the way it way???

0 Likes