Extremely slow DSL internet service
treehouse324

I live in the Stroudsburg PA service area and have been experiencing dowwnload speeds of 0.07mbps to 0.20mbps for over  weeks.I spoke with numerous technical support people with no correction of the problem. It is virtually impossible to get to anyone in management but, with persistance, they will connect you to a "supervisor". After numerous hours on the phone, refusing to accept their insistance that nothing was wrong, a lineman was dispatched on 2 occasions, He spent a total of over 8 hours over the two dates and confirmed there is a service issued in this service zone. I learned it was called a "catina" problem, but giving it a name does not help me.

The lineman contacted numerous other Verizon personnel and discussed the problem, including his supervisor, to no avail. This matter effects a large number of Verizon customers in the local area and remains unresolved. Despite this, I keep getting messages from Verizon telling me the problem is "fixed" THIS IS FALSE!.

I am paying for high speed DSL and am getting speeds that are slower than my old dial up modem from the early 1990s. I have tried to speak to anyone in a management position, or even email someone, but cannot. It appears that Verizon has no method to interact with their customers, only automated, generic replies.

I WANT THE SERVICE I AM PAYING FOR!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Extremely slow DSL internet service
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Extremely slow DSL internet service
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes