Good Riddance Verizon
izmorrow
Enthusiast - Level 1

When my wife got us involved with Verizon through a bundle with Direct TV, I told her how Verizon was the worst company that I have ever had to deal with professionally, but she had already locked us into a contract.  Years of terrible service, internet speeds that are unusable for large chunks of every day, throttling and God knows what else have led me to finally being rid of this company.  The final straw was having a "technician" come out a month ago to tell me the problem was "Internal wiring", claim to fix it, charge me and then having the service go back to unusable within a few weeks.

Verizon has never delivered the speeds that I am paying for.  

Re: Good Riddance Verizon
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@izmorrow wrote:

When my wife got us involved with Verizon through a bundle with Direct TV, I told her how Verizon was the worst company that I have ever had to deal with professionally, but she had already locked us into a contract.  Years of terrible service, internet speeds that are unusable for large chunks of every day, throttling and God knows what else have led me to finally being rid of this company.  The final straw was having a "technician" come out a month ago to tell me the problem was "Internal wiring", claim to fix it, charge me and then having the service go back to unusable within a few weeks.

1: Verizon doesn't throttle

2: What speeds DO you pay for?

3: What do you actually receive according to http://testmy.net/ ? I recommend testing in both the morning and the evening hours

4: What modem do you have?

If the Internet has anything to say about it, Comcast and Time Warner are rated lower than Verizon is. Unless you're in a Cablevision, Charter, Brighthouse/TW South, or Armstrong area then that I wouldn't know off hand how they stack.

izmorrow
Enthusiast - Level 1

@Smith6612 wrote:

@izmorrow wrote:

1: Verizon doesn't throttle  So says you.  But you and your company have zero credibility with me at this point.

2: What speeds DO you pay for?  Quite a bit more then the .5 mbps that I've been consistently receiving as of late

3: What do you actually receive according to http://testmy.net/ ? I recommend testing in both the morning and the evening hours  .5 mbps

4: What modem do you have?  I'll be getting a new one from a new provider tomorrow!

If the Internet has anything to say about it, Comcast and Time Warner are rated lower than Verizon is. Unless you're in a Cablevision, Charter, Brighthouse/TW South, or Armstrong area then that I wouldn't know off hand how they stack.  Well, maybe if Verizon provided service that actually allowed me to use the internet without bringing back memories of dial up AOL, I'd care.  You can be a verizon apologist all that you want, but they have provided horrible service to me for years.  I had Time Warner before my wife bundled our internet with Direct TV, and I rarely had any problems with them.  With Verizon the problems have literally been daily for at least the last year and a half.  Terrible, terrible, terrible company.  Dishonest in their advertising and billing practices and unable to send out a repairman with the knowledge to fix a problem.

0 Likes
Normx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Greetings, Verizon will tell you anything you want to here. The fact is copper wire is 100 year old technology. it's like the Ford Model A. Yes, the Model A still works, but it's slow and takes lots money to keep it going. If Verizon was honest about the issue, they would say copper wire old technology, and its' time to move on. But they won't. Not as long as they can sucker you in to paying big bucks for lousy service. Some day in the near future, you will get a notice that says "Sorry(not really), we are discontinuing service for DSL because we have milked the cow for all it's worth. Time to send it to the packing house. Good Bye". And it's also to bad to say "cancel my service" as an option to bad service. {please keep it relevant} So good luck to all in getting bad service resolved, but I wouldn't hold my breathe. normx

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@izmorrow wrote:

1: Verizon doesn't throttle  So says you.  But you and your company have zero credibility with me at this point.

2: What speeds DO you pay for?  Quite a bit more then the .5 mbps that I've been consistently receiving as of late

3: What do you actually receive according to http://testmy.net/ ? I recommend testing in both the morning and the evening hours  .5 mbps

4: What modem do you have?  I'll be getting a new one from a new provider tomorrow!

If the Internet has anything to say about it, Comcast and Time Warner are rated lower than Verizon is. Unless you're in a Cablevision, Charter, Brighthouse/TW South, or Armstrong area then that I wouldn't know off hand how they stack.  Well, maybe if Verizon provided service that actually allowed me to use the internet without bringing back memories of dial up AOL, I'd care.  You can be a verizon apologist all that you want, but they have provided horrible service to me for years.  I had Time Warner before my wife bundled our internet with Direct TV, and I rarely had any problems with them.  With Verizon the problems have literally been daily for at least the last year and a half.  Terrible, terrible, terrible company.  Dishonest in their advertising and billing practices and unable to send out a repairman with the knowledge to fix a problem.

Just to put something on the record. I don't work for Verizon. I'm just a customer who's a community leader due to the fact that I spend a good portion of my time here to help others out. I pay a bill and experience the service in the same ways others do. All I meant to do was to offer up some help, since I'm assuming by posting here you're looking for that.

If Time Warner works, then by all means stick to them. I point people in my area to them all the time in the areas where I know Verizon's service is lackluster. In FiOS areas, I point people to Verizon just because FiOS actually works. No surprise given it's Fiber.

I have negative thoughts about Verizon that I keep reserved to myself most of the time, but I can say plenty of bad things about Time Warner. I have even more to say about Comcast when they take Time Warner Cable over. Verizon will have to mess up pretty bad to get me to even touch Comcast. Verizon won't have to try very hard to get me to go to Time Warner, though. 

truth3
Enthusiast - Level 1

oh and to the fios fanboys this is not about speed you can have 75/75 constant but if the latency is bad do to the VERIZON BACKBONE its VERIZON'S FAULT NOT THE CONSUMER so go rate that five stars i got 1000's of others who would back me on this and that's just a small numer there are more.

Verizon can fix this and my issue with them will be resolved i have been told lies in the past the truth came out lastnight and even there own tech agreed i was not given the correct information all i want is this issure resolved i hate comcast i want to stay with verizon but if it's not going tobe i have no choice.

0 Likes