HSI bandwidth drops every night at roughly the same time
Don_Danielson
Enthusiast - Level 1

In Powhatan VA, 23139, and every night at roughtly 6pm I am unable to get any throughput through my connection.  DSL connection claims to be up at the time, but until sometime late in the evening, I cannot get pages to load.  I am not sure when it comes back on, but the next morning it seems to working better.

On a seperate note, (maybe related) there is a telephone junction box across the street from our house that is split open with wires exposed, anyone know a contact number / email to get it fixed?  Its been that way a while from the looks of it, and suspect it has something to do with my connection problems.

0 Likes
Re: HSI bandwidth drops every night at roughly the same time
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about your problems with your connection. An exposed wired wouldn't cause issues at a particular time. I have sent you a private message to get more information from you.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Plenty of boxes like those busted open in my area. I think one of them was recently destroyed to the point of copper hanging out of it with the box being hit by a train after a recent wind storm. Copper trunk is still intact but the thing's been leaning towards the tracks for years now. Anyways, that won't cause time-based speed drops as pointed out above.

How fast does the speed drop off, by any chance? Does it go from full speed right to bad speed or does it gradually slow down over the course of time?

0 Likes
Don_Danielson
Enthusiast - Level 1

It slows down pretty abuptly, but its hard to tell exactly.    Network says its still up, but pageloads don't even seem to start, where the rest of the time when its slow, you can at least get the headers and the tops of pictures to show.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hmm, ok. It sounds like you've got a case of some odd form of congestion I've recently spoken to people about. Normally congestion occurs slowly over time, but an abrupt drop sounds like a severely overloaded edge router to me. If you're on a Juniper ERX, I wouldn't be surprised to see this since lately, Verizon's been overloading the heck out of those things for some odd reason even though they are faster routers compared to the older ones that are in use for many lines such as mine. Seems those new units, when they get overloaded, they start to choke very hard on the data.

I'll shoot off a PM to you to someone who should be able to figure out what this issue may be, and correct it.

0 Likes
wildbillelliott

These forums are interesting.  I also have DSL/Wireless since 2005.  I have notified Verizon multiple times and worked with support but no one can fix it.  It drops all the time.  I can be in the middle of a game and it won't reload.  My e-mail tells me cannot connect try later.  I have to constantly reset the remote.  They just sent me a new Westell 7500 and there is no change.  Support first blamed on my wireless card.  Best Buy signed a letter saying my card is fine.  The last support could not connect when I got the new box and also said it was my card.  When I said Best Buy said there is nothing wrong with my card, he said it was my WiFi.  My neighbors have had the same problem.  When they hooked up with Direct TV, the guy said the wiring to the pole was the worst he ever saw.  I also told Verizon that more than once but they won't fix it.  What do I do?

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@wildbillelliott wrote:

These forums are interesting.  I also have DSL/Wireless since 2005.  I have notified Verizon multiple times and worked with support but no one can fix it.  It drops all the time.  I can be in the middle of a game and it won't reload.  My e-mail tells me cannot connect try later.  I have to constantly reset the remote.  They just sent me a new Westell 7500 and there is no change.  Support first blamed on my wireless card.  Best Buy signed a letter saying my card is fine.  The last support could not connect when I got the new box and also said it was my card.  When I said Best Buy said there is nothing wrong with my card, he said it was my WiFi.  My neighbors have had the same problem.  When they hooked up with Direct TV, the guy said the wiring to the pole was the worst he ever saw.  I also told Verizon that more than once but they won't fix it.  What do I do?

0 Likes
lrbaldwin

My DSL here in Powhatan is dropping EVERY DAY!  This has been going on for weeks.  I have unplug and replug the DSL modem to get it running again.  This is very annoying.  Can something be done?

Thanks,

Linda

0 Likes
diagoro
Contributor - Level 1

I've been a customer for only two weeks, but have seen this on a nightly basis. Based upon my experience, and the thoughts of an installer, I'd say that Verizon has oversold their service. Similar to the issues ATT has with their wireless data service being congested.

In my case, there are nothing by diminishing returns, as we'll be returning to Time Warner (where there has been nearly zero tech issues, just questionable billing and cs).

Any time a company refuses to look at themselves where there's an issue (repeatedly), it's time to look elsewhere for that service. Don't reward such behavior and negligence.

0 Likes