Has Verizon addressed the possibility of everyone losing connection to Internet in June (or July?)?
LadyMac1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I guess everyone has heard this one by now.  No big deal has been made of it, which makes me wonder if it is just another hoax, although at the time it first came out, it was made out to sound like something equivalent to the end of the world (but, they always are aren't they?).  I think I heard that it was started by a group in Estonia or somewhere in Europe.  Anyone know what is really going on?  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Has Verizon addressed the possibility of everyone losing connection to Internet in June (or July
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I read what's happending.  You can too by going to:  http://www.dcwg.org/

In a nutshell, your PC should be using the proper DNS server (either VZ by default or other authorized DNS Servers by google or opendns, etc.).

If your PC or router was hacked and is using a DNS Server from across the pond then you will lose the ability to connect to the internet.

If you click the link above and read what it says, there is a detect option you can run and it will tell you if your PC is ok or not.

Jim

Re: Has Verizon addressed the possibility of everyone losing connection to Internet in June (or July
LadyMac1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you Jim.  I heard about the website and will try that.  Thanks again.