High Speed DSL interruptions
GSL5301

I have had Verizon DSL for over 7 years, and never had any problems until recently. Now, after signing on, I consistently get cut off. I turn my modem off, and back on, it sometimes will rest, but I get cut off 2 to 3 minutes later. I go into the Verizon/Westell connection screen to reconnect  the modem. The system stays on for 10 to 11 minutes, and cuts out again. This morning over 2 hours I signed on 9 times. Today, I contacted Verizon technicians for assistance and twice was cut off while they were diagnosing the line. One tech was on long enough to tell me it was the filter (which I only have one) and its been on the line over 5 years. I received no other communication after I was cut off from either tech. I don't understand why suddenly problems. I use a Dell PC, OS Windows 7 with no other devices and a Westell 7500 modem. Can anybody help me !

0 Likes
Re: High Speed DSL interruptions
jajones203
Enthusiast - Level 1

Call the company. There could be trouble on the actual incoming line. They can fix it. Also, a filter that old might have failed.

0 Likes
jajones203
Enthusiast - Level 1

Let me add to that. CALL the company, rather than contacting them online, since your DSL keeps cutting them off!

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@GSL5301 wrote:

I have had Verizon DSL for over 7 years, and never had any problems until recently. Now, after signing on, I consistently get cut off. I turn my modem off, and back on, it sometimes will rest, but I get cut off 2 to 3 minutes later. I go into the Verizon/Westell connection screen to reconnect  the modem. The system stays on for 10 to 11 minutes, and cuts out again. This morning over 2 hours I signed on 9 times. Today, I contacted Verizon technicians for assistance and twice was cut off while they were diagnosing the line. One tech was on long enough to tell me it was the filter (which I only have one) and its been on the line over 5 years. I received no other communication after I was cut off from either tech. I don't understand why suddenly problems. I use a Dell PC, OS Windows 7 with no other devices and a Westell 7500 modem. Can anybody help me !

0 Likes
Adam_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

GSL5301,

I've sent you a PM to get some additional details from you.

Thanks,

Adam.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It helps to provide the Modem's Transceiver Statistics from System Monitoring > Advanced Monitors, along with the modem's log. They often clue into where the problem is and how to troubleshoot this.

0 Likes