Horrible Internet Every Day
jgault5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everyday for the past ~5 months I have had horrible internet service from around ~4PM until around midnight, my speed constantly spikes for no reason. I subscribe to 3Mbps/768k and my service will usually be around 1Mbps if I am lucky during these hours, and I have seen it go as low as .08Mbps at times. I have contacted Verizon support more times than I can count on this issue and have been sent a new router, and I don't think I can handle any more hours on the phone answering the same questions, I am truly at my wits end. I have gone as far as running brand new wire from my box outside to my router and while it has made some difference I still experience horrible spiking, and don't know what to do now. I monitor the bandwidth on my network like a hawk and can see that nothing is using any, and I know it is not an issue with my computer.

Is there maybe a phone number I could call to speak with soeone who actually can help me, instead of just asking me to run speed tests on different browsers or reboot my router?

0 Likes
Re: Horrible Internet Every Day
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jgault5,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Performance Constantly Dropping
jgault5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Back in August I was having an issue where my intern  et would dramatically slow down every day at the same exact time, and had for months, and I created a thread and had was put in contact with a higher level of support, who dispatched a technician out and he was able to make my service much better than it had been for months. Over the past 4 months I have only been experiencing 1-2 hours of very bad service each day at the same time, as opposed to 8+, but over the past week the performance has dropped dramatically and I am basically back at square one. I would really appreciate being put back in contact with a higher level of support to hopefully help me resolve this issue once and for all.

I am at the point where I just want my connection to be stable. As a person who enjoys playing a few games online in the evening and having a connection that constantly spikes from ~45MS to ~400MS every day/night makes it impossible to have any fun.

0 Likes