Re: I cannot get on several websites
sugarfootu

Are the Verizon's servers requesting the correct/valid DNS addresses or are the requests not going beyond the Verizon's servers?  Could this be a IP4, IP6, or FIOS cross-wired issue?

0 Likes
yogadoll

I am so happy to give you the answer!!!!!

The Problem you are describing was the exact one happening to me. I mentioned 14 days, 5 hours a day on phone with either Verizon tech support, or my own tech support. It was a nightmare and lost 2 weeks of work.

On Monday in CA I dialed Verizon at 7AM. As you know you get India and wait 40 minutes to get through and get a beginning technician who goes through the causes in the manual.  I cried and begged to speak to a supervisor. THIS IS WHAT YOU MUST DO!!!  i got one who did a computer share (I'd done that 5 times unsuccessfully) and at the same time he contacted the Senior Technical Support team. (This is also what you must do!)

The conclusion is this: VERIZON CHANGED SOME SETTING WHICH ARE PREVENTING YOU FROM VIEWING SEVERAL WEBSITES. THEY CHANGED THEM IN A NEW WAY FOR ME AND WITHIN A RELATIVELY SHORT TIME EVERYTHING WAS CORRECTED. And I am receiving a walloping $20 credit.

i hope this will help everyone!!!!!!!!!! But what is SAD is that no one is telling Technical Support about this so they will run you through the gamut of cures, none of which work. The supervisor said: 'You are not alone; a lot of people are having this problem."

I am happy for this Forum even though I got a message to no longer discuss this publicly, but now I really hope this post helps a lot of people!!!! Feel free to reference this message.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just be aware, Microsoft doesn't allow folks to ping their servers. If you can reach the services you're pinging, they're connectable.

If changing DNS servers fixes the problem, I'd see if you're getting a different set of IP addresses for each website. A lot of modern sites are hosted using CDNs or multiple datacenters, and DNS is often used to help direct users to specific servers.

0 Likes
yogadoll

Hi,

Re: your comment I'm not tech saavy enough to respond. Plus the supervisor's English was so difficult to understand that I do not know what he changed. But as of today, cross fingers, all is working fine.

Thanks for your comments.

0 Likes