Re: I lose Internet connection EVERY NIGHT!
sawdust4
Enthusiast - Level 3

It appears that Verizon has finally repaired my connection.  It took a phone call every other day to tech and many calls to billing and many credits on my account but it seems to be fixed.  I even hate to say it's fixed because of all the crap I've been through with Verizon.  A technician came to my home three weeks ago and confirmed that all wiring in the home was very good and the issue was on Verizon's end.  He told me to call Verizon back and request they change the port, router and server at the central office as that's the only way it will get repaired.  He told me to not allow Verizon to give me the "run around".  That's what I did.  Three weeks later, another technician was out and checked the connection.  This technician went to every pole from my home to the central office and assigned me different lines.  Once he got to the central office, he (along with several Verizon technicians) changed my port.  I don't know what all is involved with such a job, but there were three technicians at the central office on a Saturday ofternoon, changing my port.  Since Saturday, I have not lost my internet connection once.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that it is in fact fixed and I never have to get to know the tech people well enough to recognize their voice.  Time will tell.

Re: I lose Internet connection EVERY NIGHT!
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad to hear! If you manage to see those techs again at some point, give them some Kudos for doing that amount of work, especially on a Saturday.

0 Likes