I'm being lied to about my capped service. Will cancel service if not resolved! (resolved)
iammud

I wanted to respond to my thread stating that my problem has been resolved, but it looks like {edited for discussion of moderator actions]

Word of advice for anyone who uses verizon dsl, and thinks their speeds are capped. Don't use the term "cap," or "shaping," or anything like that with them. Only use the term "speed provision." Until I started using this term their support went nowhere. I think that's why they deleted my post here. 

This is all why I say I was being lied to about this. Is there really a different between "speed provisions" and capping, or bandwidth shaping?

They upgraded our CO 6 months ago, and never did another provision test. I kept screaming that they had me capped, but they insisted they didn't cap speeds, and that my provision speed test showed that I could only get 1700/500. Even though while the in home technician was here on the phone with a phone rep (programmer), they SHOWED me my 3.0mb speeds. This was all kind of an upsell between the tech and the phone rep, as they assumed I was paying for slower service. 

When I called Verizon to get my service upgraded, I found out that I was already paying for this speed, and not getting it. And that that's when the nightmare began. 

This all took about 20 calls to Verizon, and at least 5hrs of sitting on hold (I'm not kidding). So good luck to anyone else trying to get this problem fixed.

0 Likes
Re: I'm being lied to about my capped service. Will cancel service if not resolved! (resolved)
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Please check your Private Message Inbox. It should look like this -->>

0 Likes