I've had it with slow DSL
zzy1

Today I don't have email--I can't send or receive to my home computer.  Things are working fine from the Verizon internet mail site.  I've been a Verizon customer for over 12 years and the DSL speed is horrible--barely get 1.1 mbps downloading. 

No Fios here and they don't offer anything faster than the "Enhanced" plan which is pathetically slow.  So I'm going to try cable out and dump Verizon.  I have an AT&T cell plan and never use my landline.

Verizon just doesn't offer modern service and they don't seem to care.  And I live in Los Angeles County!  Calls over the years to service have never fixed the speed issue and I never get the performance that I'm paying for.  Enhanced is supposed to be up to 3.0 mbps but I've NEVER seen speeds even remotely near that.

I've waited for years for Verizon to upgrade the old phone lines here.  Well I'm finished waiting.  I'll try cable since even slow cable should be better than this SLOW DSL.

0 Likes
Re: I've had it with slow DSL
Edenscuisine

I'm in Baltimore and there is no Fios.  Talk about sick of the slow DSL.  That's an understatement.  I am stuck with using my Smartphone to connect to the internet.  So much so.. that in a few days I've used the data plan I have up to 95%.  I am sick of Verizon.  

Last month, in order to get on the internet, I ran out of data on my smartphone.  I'm going to switch to Sprint, give up my contract with Verizon, cancel the DSL, and just use my phone to get online.

0 Likes
Re: I've had it with slow DSL
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't think Sprint or their customers will appreciate that. The mobile data network isn't meant to be a replacement, as much as the carriers both try, and try not to tell people. No other wireline provider around?

0 Likes