IP keeps changing problem
Kur4628

Hi everyone,

I recently have a problem with the ip; it keeps changing to new ip every few days.  I understand that IP changes once in a while but not every few days.  Anyone knows what's going with this problem?  What can I do to stop IP changing? 

Any advice pls.

Thank you!  K

0 Likes
Re: IP keeps changing problem
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

To better assist you, it would help to know at least:

#1 The brand and model of your modem.

#2 The brand and model of your router.

0 Likes
reverends

I am having the same problem, only in my case the IP changes increasingly whenever it rains. In the last two days alone, my IP has changed over fifty times. Considering that this seems to be a weather sesnitive issue, I am assuming the solution will have nothing to do with my router or DSL filters?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@reverends wrote:

I am having the same problem, only in my case the IP changes increasingly whenever it rains. In the last two days alone, my IP has changed over fifty times. Considering that this seems to be a weather sesnitive issue, I am assuming the solution will have nothing to do with my router or DSL filters?

These issues are typically outside. You can check inside of your NID and your home for moisture present near the telephone wiring but it will for sure need a tech to come out.

0 Likes