IPad & Kindle Fire connection problems
BISERV

Have new Ipad and kindle fire that will not connect to internet. Both connect to wireless but when we try to go on line they will not connect. We have an old Westell 327W DSL router. Could this be the problem. Regards

0 Likes
Re: IPad & Kindle Fire connection problems
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

The type of router you have shouldn't be the problem. With any wireless device you have to put in the correct WEP key (password) in order to get connected. If you are not sure what it is, log into the router and retreive it from the settings. If you need further help please reply back so any one of us can assist.

0 Likes
CB121

I am having the same exact problem.  My Kindle Fire finds the network but won't sync/download or anything.  Amazon put the problem on the router, and Verizon put the problem on the Kindle.  Went to a wi-fi cafe and no problem occurred so it has to be my home router but no ownership by Verizon.  I have a WEstell router

0 Likes
pegasorus

i keep trying to log into my router but everytime i press a key multiple charachters show up in the password box.i'm trying to connect my apple ipad.any help would be great.

thanx

0 Likes
starrin
Contributor - Level 3

My understanding is that the multiple characters show up as a security feature to avoid (preclude) anyone determing how many actual characters there are in your password.  Just type in your password anyway, and you should be fine. - Provided that is the only problem

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@pegasorus wrote:

i keep trying to log into my router but everytime i press a key multiple charachters show up in the password box.i'm trying to connect my apple ipad.any help would be great.

thanx

This is a security feature. It's to prevent someone from looking over your shoulder to see how many characters are in the password. Please type in your password as it is, ignoring how many characters show up on the screen.

0 Likes