Installing Verizon DSL on New Computer
kblily1

I just purchased and installed a new desktop computer and am having trouble setting up my Verizon DSL service.  Never had any problems with the old computer.  I connected my Westell 6100 modem (using Ethernet cable) to the new computer, the DSL green light is steady, but I can't access the internet.  I've attempted to run the account setup from the Verizon CD several times but get a "Fail connection to server" message each time.  I contacted Verizon tech support but they weren't able to diagnose the problem (and disconnected me when they put me on hold to schedule a service appointment).  Any suggestions??  My new computer uses the Windows Vista operating system ... Is that the problem??  I heard there are some compatibility issues with Vista.  Is it even necessary to run the account setup from the Verizon CD ... I've heard from a couple folks that it isn't?  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Installing Verizon DSL on New Computer
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
How did the old computer connect. Did you use a PPPoE dialer or DHCP? If you used a PPPoE dialer you have to create a dialer on the new computer. If you used DHCP unplug everything overnight and wait for the lease to expire then plug everything back in the morning.
0 Likes