Internet Connection Loss Repeatedly
Johnvolt

So for past two days my modem(the internet light) keeps turning off every 20-50 mins. I've turned the whole thing off and tried reseting it and still this problem persists. I came on the forum looking for similar problems, and I'm wondering if this rain has caused an outage near York, PA which is causing my connection to drop so often. I;ve had this problem in the past and it eventually got to point where it dropped every other 3 mins.

0 Likes
Re: Internet Connection Loss Repeatedly
BK_Bridge

Hi,

Im seeing the same issue as well. Paying for the 5MB package $45/mo and Im getting only 1.8! This has only been happening past week. I had a repair guy come out to look at the wire and he said it was grounded and he fixed it but still seeing the DSL light go out and losing internet connection every 10 min.

Help would be greatly appreciated

Transceiver Statistics

Transceiver Revision A2pB020b3.d20h
Vendor ID Code 4D54
Line Mode ADSL_re-adsl
Data PathFAST

Transceiver InformationDown Stream PathUp Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)2954696
Margin (dB)6.76.8
Line Attenuation (dB)37.020.1
Transmit Power (dBm)0.08.4

0 Likes
Joiseedvl

Don't feel bad, mine has been doing it repeatedly for weeks.  Had this problem off and on since Christmas.  Tried changing modems and still no help.  I have to shut my modem off and on every day to get it to work.  Almost every other day it asks me to set up my "new" Verizon service.  This is beyond frustrating.  How do they expect me to log on to see and pay my paperless bill if I can't log on at all?????

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Johnvolt wrote:

So for past two days my modem(the internet light) keeps turning off every 20-50 mins. I've turned the whole thing off and tried reseting it and still this problem persists. I came on the forum looking for similar problems, and I'm wondering if this rain has caused an outage near York, PA which is causing my connection to drop so often. I;ve had this problem in the past and it eventually got to point where it dropped every other 3 mins.

Some Transceiver Statistics would be nice to see. They may clue into where the problem is and what is going on. In addition, pastebinning your modem logs would also be useful.

@BK_Bridge: Your statistics aren't too good. Though you've got some speed, your noise margin is bad and the attenuation is suggesting your line is close enough for 7Mbps service. You'll want to take your modem out to your NID to see if you can isolate the noise issue to your end or if Verizon needs to come out and repair it.

@oiseedvl: See the above.

0 Likes
masho951
Enthusiast - Level 3

Johnvolt, is it only the Internet light going out? Or the DSL light as well? As suggested posting some tranceiver stats would help a lot. 

@Bk_Bridge Both your dowload and upload speeds aren't running at full bit rate. You are also on a range extender card for the DSL. A loop length (length from the Central Office to you) would also tell you a lot about your service. Based on the attenuation numbers though you seem to be close enough the office to support your service. Also creating your own post will help draw attention to the issue you are experiencing.

@Josieedvl Tranceiver stats would be a great start to your problem. Also as suggested above creating your own thread would help generate responses.