Internet Connection shows local only
ashleymw2009
Enthusiast - Level 2
whenever i connect my router/wireless to my computer, it only gets a local connection, and the dsl light on my router is constantly blinking.. idk whats causing the problem at this point because a technician came and said there wasn't any problem with the phone line itself..
Re: Internet Connection shows local only
Augie12
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having same problem. Did anyone reply to your post?

I called the Verizon service dept and a week later they sent someone out who said same as yours, no problem found on the line to my home. I have noticed that the line loss readings inside of my service connection box on the side of my home has show a steady increase in line loss to my house from the pole.

ashleymw2009
Enthusiast - Level 2

nope, no replies yet. it's frustrating though because the service active date was Aug 4 and me and my mom haven't even come close to being able to use the service.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

A blinking DSL light indicates a lack of sync. This means the modem isn't able to talk to the equipment on the other end. This is caused by things besides the line not being connected, such as the speed being too high for the line to handle or the condition of the line is poor.

If the DSL is only working some of the time, try connecting it to the NID. Information on what the NID is can be found here: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/1317 . It is often found near your Electrical Panel or Electrical Meter, since it requires an Earthened ground. It can sometimes be found on an extension pole, should your property be located farther away from the road. If it doesn't work at all, even when plugged into the NID, it is Verizon's issue to solve.

0 Likes
weedeater1
Contributor - Level 3

Do you have a DSL filter installed on the line connecting the modem? It's one of those thick-ish thingies that you use for other plugs with phones and such.  If you have one connected on the line to the DSL modem, remove it. It is not needed nor desired.

xpresshred
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think your connection at server side is not working well. You have to contact your technical engineer.