Internet Explorer 9
RJMAC1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I updated to Internet Explorer 9 and now have a problem when pages are refreshed automatically. After 2nd refresh the page is abended as error detected.  On another PC running IE 7 no problem.   Can I back IE 9 out?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Internet Explorer 9
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

When IE does this it is usually due to an outdated plug-in or a problematic plug-in. On the affected machine, go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools and choose "Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)" and see if it continues to act up. If it does not, it's an add-on problem. Provided that is the case, with Internet Explorer open, do the following:

Click on the Gear Icon on the top right corner of the IE Window by the Minimize, Maximize and Close buttons. Go to Internet Options. Choose the Programs Tab, and then click Manage Add-ons. In the Add-on Window, make sure the window is set to display All Add-ons, not just the loaded ones. From here, provide a screenshot of the list of add-ons you see. To take a screenshot, see this page: http://take-a-screenshot.org/ . Make sure the screenshots show the Add-on version numbers. You can also post up the Add-on name and Version number if you do not wish to take screenshots. The Add-on Window can be resized.

You can upload the photos in a ZIP File to a site such as Mediafire and link the download address to

If IE does NOT work normally even in No Add-ons mode, you can remove Internet Explorer 9 by visiting the Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking "View Installed updates." In the Installed Updates section, locate Internet Explorer 9 and press Remove to restore Internet Explorer 8 or Internet Explorer 7 (whichever you had previously) back into the system. IE9 is classified as an update to Internet Explorer so it should be located in that list. Failing THAT, run System Restore to the moment just before Internet Explorer 9 was installed.

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

When IE does this it is usually due to an outdated plug-in or a problematic plug-in. On the affected machine, go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools and choose "Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)" and see if it continues to act up. If it does not, it's an add-on problem. Provided that is the case, with Internet Explorer open, do the following:

Click on the Gear Icon on the top right corner of the IE Window by the Minimize, Maximize and Close buttons. Go to Internet Options. Choose the Programs Tab, and then click Manage Add-ons. In the Add-on Window, make sure the window is set to display All Add-ons, not just the loaded ones. From here, provide a screenshot of the list of add-ons you see. To take a screenshot, see this page: http://take-a-screenshot.org/ . Make sure the screenshots show the Add-on version numbers. You can also post up the Add-on name and Version number if you do not wish to take screenshots. The Add-on Window can be resized.

You can upload the photos in a ZIP File to a site such as Mediafire and link the download address to

If IE does NOT work normally even in No Add-ons mode, you can remove Internet Explorer 9 by visiting the Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking "View Installed updates." In the Installed Updates section, locate Internet Explorer 9 and press Remove to restore Internet Explorer 8 or Internet Explorer 7 (whichever you had previously) back into the system. IE9 is classified as an update to Internet Explorer so it should be located in that list. Failing THAT, run System Restore to the moment just before Internet Explorer 9 was installed.

RJMAC1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Smith6612 ,  It took some time but my problem with IE 9 has been corrected,  I ended up installing IE9 and now am running IE 8. Tried to go back to IE 7 but had different problem.  IE 8 no problem so far. One reason for delay was problem page that renews it self is only available on Sundays.  I appreciate your info.  Thank You   RJMAC

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not a problem. If you do wish to try to get IE9 installed again in the future, shoot off a message to me. I'd like to get that installed sometime soon due to some new functionality it offers along with some improved security it provides over IE8. Like I said, problems with IE9 are generally from outdated plug-ins and are easily solved.

0 Likes