Ipod touch connection issues
lkdughi

Hi -

I am once again trying to connect my Ipod touch to my wifi. I have reset my wifi password a couple times thinking i must have typed in in wrong, but every time I enter the password on my ipod it just says "incorrect password" .  Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Ipod touch connection issues
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the brand and model of your router/Gateway?

For example: Westell 7500.

0 Likes
lkdughi

It is a Westell 7500

0 Likes
Accordlayingkit
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have a westell 7500 as well....netgear router and netgear wifi range extender...my iPad 1 & 2 connect fine to my network and my extender network, however my wife's iPhone 4 connects to my main network but drops that signal alot and switches back to 3G and when I try to connect her phone to the extender network is jus acts like its gonna connect but never does..weird I kinda think the wifi antennas or whatever apple has in there devices aren't too great
0 Likes
lkdughi

I have never been able to use my own wifi on my Ipod- it just never accepts my password. I typically have no problem using the wifi at my work (Linksys) that is does not need a password. For whatever reason that has just been coming up "no internet connection" even though it shows as a strong signal the last several days. 

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 In the router go to Wireless Settings -> Wireless Status

#2 It may look like the screen that you see at

http://screenshots.portforward.com/Actiontec/MI424WR-GEN2_Rev_F/Wireless_Status.htm

#3 What is the setting for MAC Authentication?

#4 What is the setting for SSID Broadcast?

#5 Is Wireless Security Enabled?

#6 If so, without posting what the key is / or posting what the keys are, what is it set to?

For example WEP.

#7 In the router go to Advanced -> Universal Plug and Play

#8 Do you have at least two special computers that support Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) where you can not define the ports that they use?

A perfect example. At least two game consoles. Any two (Two Xboxes, two Playstations, One Xbox and one Playstation).

#9 If so: Do only use one at a time OR are there times when at least two are on?

0 Likes
weedeater1
Contributor - Level 3

Upper case and lower case makes a difference.  For some, if you use Upper case for a WEP code the device assumes you mean an ASCII string.  An ASCII string gets converted to a different set of hexadecimal values than what you want.

So sometimes using lower case helps.