• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Contributor
erickwookie
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Is there a high speed internet monthly download limit?

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere...tried several times to use the search function but always comes back "page not found."

Is there a monthly CAP or gig limit on downloading with the high speed internet?  I know there are different speeds involved with each level of service, but I don't see any download limits anywhere.

Pennteledata said they had unlimited cable internet, but I learned differently after receiveing complaint letters about my bandwidth usage the 1st couple months.  For example PTD has a 15 gig limit on the 1st level and then 50 gig on the next and so on....  found out after the fact - didn't state it anywhere which is what I am finding here as well?

thx for the help!

Contributor
erickwookie
0 Kudos

Re: Is there a high speed internet monthly download limit?

OK, I can't find a delete button here or close this topic button? 

I found the answer on another page which is there is no CAP...seems to good to be true, but I guess I'll go with that answer...until Verizon starts pulling what PTD did to me - sending nastygrams about bandwidth usage...

Contributor
yellingdog
Device: GT704WG/BelkinRouter
Plan: 3Mbps

There is no cap, but beware that most residental plans don't allow you to host a website if that's what you are using all of the bandwidth for. If you are using it for more "shady" reasons verizon could also have an issue with this.

ElizabethS
0 Kudos

Eric, if you would, please make a post with a link to the thread you found, so that other users finding this question, can also find the answer. Then mark that post as the Accepted Solution.

Contributor
erickwookie
0 Kudos

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools