Losing Connection 3x in a row 2-3 times a day
dirtydiva

Hey, I recently switched to a higher speed for my dry loop DSL (before the phone + dsl only fiasco) and ever since, my connection has decided it likes to die on me in spurts - usually 3x in a row. It usually happens between 12-2 on weekdays but has happened occasionally in the evenings when I'm trying to use my Xbox, too.

I replaced the modem from a westell 6100 to an Actiontec 704wgb but it's still happening.

Here's the readout for my DSL status when it's up:

It just went down and this is what I got:

0 Likes
Re: Losing Connection 3x in a row 2-3 times a day
dirtydiva

This morning after another set of disconnects, my stats have changed (the attainable speed always changes):

VPI: 0
VCI: 35
DSL Mode Setting: Auto
DSL Negotiated Mode: ADSL2+
Connection Status: ShowTime
Speed (down/up): 9084 / 931 kbps
ATM QoS class: UBR
Output Power (Downstream/Upstream): 10.1 / 0.0dBm
Attainable Rate (Downstream/Upstream): 10020 / 996 Kbps
HEC Errors (Downstream/Upstream): 0 / 4294966000
OCD Errors (Downstream/Upstream): 0 / 0
LCD Errors (Downstream/Upstream): 0 / 0
SNR Margin (Downstream/Upstream): 11.9 / 14.4 dB
Attenuation (Downstream/Upstream): 31.5 / 16.2 dB
0 Likes
dirtydiva

This is from the middle of another set of disconnects. Since nobody from Verizon gives a crap, I'll just keep posting and getting more aggravated. JOY

I don't know if I can stomach talking to support again since I can't understand what they're saying half the time.

VPI: 0
VCI: 35
DSL Mode Setting: Auto
DSL Negotiated Mode: ADSL2+
Connection Status: ShowTime
Speed (down/up): 11743 / 1179 Kbps
ATM QoS class: UBR
Output Power (Downstream/Upstream): 12.6 / 0.0 dBm
Attainable Rate (Downstream/Upstream): 13684 / 1152 kbps
HEC Errors (Downstream/Upstream): 28 / 0
OCD Errors (Downstream/Upstream): 14 / 0
LCD Errors (Downstream/Upstream): 0 / 0
SNR Margin (Downstream/Upstream): 6.3 / 9.5 dB
Attenuation (Downstream/Upstream): 31.5 / 16.0 dB
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your line isn't too far out for 10Mbps at all, but it is having a noise issue that is affecting both the upstream (closer to voice frequencies) and downstream (higher frequencies, farther bandwidth). If you were seeing less stability issues on a lower speed, an increase in speed likely took the mask off of the problem with the line.

For these kinds of issues, I would say to take the modem to the NID and connect it to see if anything in the statistics changes enough to be of significance. If nothing changes, it might be worthwhile to ask Verizon to send a tech to install a homerun, which they used to do in the past to anyone getting a speed 7Mbps or higher. Failing that it's a plant issue Verizon will need to isolate and correct most likely.

0 Likes