Re: Losing Connection
mmiller265
Enthusiast - Level 2
Your problem is not unique and you are right about the problem not on your end. I spoke with Verizon techs and found out DSL lines at least in California are at 100% capacity I have had techs here so often I think I need to set up a room for them but Verizon keeps selling connections without being able to support them. I suggest that you contact public utilities commission and file a complaint. Maybe Verizonwill be forced to,actually build the additional central offices or lines to support the connections they have sold. Bad news, California and Texas have been sold off to Frontier communications that seems to have a very bad reputation.
0 Likes
bvarley
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also am having these same issues with my connection over several years and numerous calls to support gets nowhere. They check house connections and then house to pole and find nothing.  The last tech here said it was probably between the pole and Verizon...but never checked any further than the pole.  I've asked repeatedly to speak to a supervisor but they will not do that.  Today after I talked or more like argued with tach support they made an appt for tech to come out tomorrow.  Not more than five minutes and my phone rang with someone asking to access my computer which I denied and realized it was a scammer.  When I called them out, they hung up on me.  I have no doubt that this scam came from my call to Verizon support.  I cannot find a number to report my problems to Verizon.  I think its time to take my business elsewhere.

MannyBrown83
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well it seems I am not the only one with the issue of internet connection being dropped. If so many customers are having this issue, why does verizon advertise such fast reliable service? Total lie, just sayin, but the last few times I has requested a tech to come out here...no show all three **bleep** times. And since I have Roku internet TV, well, I usually just go out and wind up buying whatever movie I want on DVD. The restarting of the modem is old. Im tired of that. What happened to Fios? and why in New Jersey is it still not available in my area? This isn't backwoods of Kentucky..they probably have a better setup than I do. Anyways, I am just glad to see other people with the same issue as myself. And if it keeps up then I might have to kick Verizon out just like I did with good ol' comcast. 

bigmike4511
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been dealing with the same issue for over a month. So far I have had them send me two new modems, and had to deal with them trying to convince me to switch to FIOS (they are not providing the service that I am paying for now, why would I want to lock into another service with them?). The internet will disappear randomly, the best part is the status page from the modem will sometime show Broadband Disconnected and the ISP as Connected (no broadband means no connection to the internet at all)

Calls to Verizon are answered, if you are lucky, by someone who can barely be understood (think "Peggy" from the credit card commercial)  and most of the time you have to deal with listening to ads or loud on hold music.

Supposedly they are going to have the problem fixed within 24-48 hours. I believe, thousands would not but I doSmiley Surprised (end sarcasm) 

0 Likes
sawdust4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, yes, yes... I'm in the boat with ya'll so make room.  I reset my modem upwards of 35 times a day.  It's been this way since the day it was installed about five or six years ago.  I also have a dedicated line for the DSL, installed by Verizon so the issues is not on my end.  I've been mailed no less than a dozen modems.  We have no landline phones.  I'd take my business somewhere else if it was available but there is none here, no cable, no other DSL.  I'm about 500 yards from the central office.  It's nuts.  I need internet service for work but Verizon cannot reliably provide that.  So my work has provided a new iPhone with unlimited data so I use it as a hotspot when the kids want to play online games or steam a movie.  It's impossible to do that with Verizon DSL.  The AT&T hotspot is considerably faster than the DSL.  I tried to post this message and guess what, no connection.  Had to go reset the modem....AGAIN.  That's eight times in the last four hours. 

0 Likes
RouterFixer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Change your DNS server from the router to the Google public DNS servers.  Fixed my connection issues!  Verizon couldn't even give me that solution!

wwest20
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally Verizon sent a tech out Friday.  He fixed the problem before he ever showed up here.  The connection at the station in my neighborhood was grounded out and he said he couldn't understand why it worked at all.  He also said he switched me to another set of wires. This is a damp area and the wires are underground.  They are going bad and Verizon doesn't want to replace them.  They want everyone to switch to Fios, but they still haven't made that available yet in this area. 

While the service is not as fast as cable, it's a lot better than it was and i haven't rebooted thte modem at all since friday.  It really sucks to pay 50+ bucks a month for substandard service.  I've been telling them for months the problem was on their end.

0 Likes
zuloxeno
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having more issues with staying connected and Verizon refuses to send someone out if the speed test is above 1 Mbps. It's at a very intermittent 1.2 Mbps. I call tech support and they can walk me through the most basic troubleshooting steps for almost an hour either to wear me out or dissuade from sending someone out or escalating to the states.

I keep imagining someone in a suit, in an office, at Verizon saying "Man! were making a killing off those dumb red necks in the country with our **bleep** poor DSL, chuckle...chuckle"

I'd be good if they charged me for for what I actually get, or don't get.

Dave

0 Likes
Olivia10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Download and upload speeds drop at our home every day between 1:30pm - 6:30pm (CT). Connection is dropped more often per day than we care to count. After being a Verizon internet customer over 10 years, we are sick of it and the crappy service. We have had Verizon home phone service about 25 years. You would think they would treat their long time customers better than they do. Especially since they are not the only game in town anymore. We are going to start shopping around!

0 Likes
rescuenut10

I to am having a issue with dropping of the internet. They tested the lines, sent a new router, upgraded my speed package, etc. etc.  They ended up saying it was my laptop and a issue with using internet explorer. Which I can not believe is the issue since my wife's laptop and tablet and my iphone all lose connection.  So to appease them I switched to Google chrome. It seemed to be better until about 2weeks ago. Now its back again. I can literally see the central office from my house (3blks down the road) so hopefully that eliminates the distance issue. The ironic thing to, At work i work off a Verizon 4g lte hotspot and lose the connection 4 or 5 times a day.  Comcast is looking better and better and some of the reason I'm not going use Verizon wireless either.

0 Likes