Vendor ID Code 4D54
Line Mode ADSL_G.dmt
Data PathINTERLEAVED

Transceiver InformationDown Stream PathUp Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)2944864
Margin (dB)28.310.0
Line Attenuation (dB)13.07.0
Transmit Power (dBm)13.611.9

Your stats are pretty good. The downstream is out of sync a bit but a modem reboot or an unplug and replug of the telephone cable should solve that. Upstream margin could be a bit better though.

If you're seeing an issue with hanging up or answering the phone killing your DSL, there is probably a bad half-ringer at the NID that was revealed on a better copper pair or there is a swinging short on the line that is presented or cleared when the amount of voltage changes. A High Resistance Short that comes and goes or otherwise (Swings) based on line conditions is well known to cause this, and these are often harder to find and fix. Short answer, if you can reproduce the problem on your end at the NID using just the modem and a filtered telephone get a tech out to check it out for sure.

0 Likes
Re: Losing Internet Connection on DSL
Juggz11

i have 1 phone in the home and i have the filter that they sent me attached to that. R u suggesting i filter the line for the modem/router (westell 7500) also? I do know where the NID is, should i connect modem to that and run stats again? I already had a phone tech out and he said it was a dsl problem. I am soooooo frustrated with this. Wondering if it could be the actual line/wiring from NID to jack in my home. The line runs under my home I believe and we have heard critters under there in the last 4 months; could they have possibly disrupted the line? Although the problem didnt start until beginning/mid June.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not suggesting to add a filter to the modem or the modem's line. That will prevent it from getting a connection all together, or a really slow one at that if you're practically on top of the DSLAM (you're not 😞 ).

Anything's possible with the telephone wiring. I suggest taking a filtered phone out to the NID, a two-port splitter and the modem with an extension cord to see if you can trip the connection at the NID itself. That will rule out anything in the house and should isolate it to a Verizon issue right off the bat. Or if you prefer, Verizon should be well versed in this kind of issue, you can try contacting DSL support and asking for a tech roll to figure out what's going on with the connection every time the phone is used if they cannot see a problem remotely.

0 Likes
StuNad131

Regardless of the history of our DSL line going out in rainy weather, which we've had lately, the DSL light on my Westell 6100 modem has stayed lit and our phones have stayed in service. The problem is that the internet goes out for most of the day, from sometime late overnight to about 8pm (northern NJ) daily for the last 4-5 days. It has also had infrequent brief dropouts during its working hours. The modem's internet indicator light during the outage is off rather than turning red as it has during previous outages. Our line has been repaired numerous times in the 35 years we've lived in our home, with the problem located several blocks from here. We've been told we're near the end of our trunk line. FIOS isn't available in our area. And yes, I've checked all the connections and turned the modem off/on; still this has become a daily problem.

0 Likes
KNolan11

(juggz11) So i was told it was my modem/router and they sent a new one. Was supposed to be issued 2 months credit for my "Enhanced Internet".  I had to leave for a week before i could hook new router up, and when i finally was able to..... my service had been completely disconnected. Now i cant even access my emails, or account because i cant get them to correct the bill and i have since moved and no longer need their crappy service.

0 Likes