Loss of speed. Dropped from hub, not from router. Verizon strikes again
whitakerfam
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the last sevn months Verizon has provided fairly competent customer service. However, that being said, we went through four months of internet hell, where our speed dropped, our routers dropped devices, and scheduled customer service calls were dropped (on Verizon's end--not that they cared that I or my wife took off of work to meet a service guy who never came, called, or followed up). This weekend we have seen a backslide in Verzon's service.

I pay for up to 7 M download speed, but usually get 3.4.

On Friday our download speed was 3.4

Saturday our download speed was 2.7

Sunday our download speed was 2.2

Monday our download speed was 1.7

Now, I don't know about anyone else, but when our speed drops our router starts acting like a freak on the dance floor. It dops  devices, drops service, re-setting the device helps get it up for a while, but only for a while.  

We hav a new router. The router works great until the speed drops. Then haywire. 

When the speed is 3.4 or higher the router doesn't need to be reset every 20 minutes.

Well, when it is down to 1.7---we are resetting the interenet every hour.

This is an issue that has to be fixed on Verizon's end. Though when I call the customer service line all I get is the usualu unplug your router, and we willdo a line tests, etc. 

Better Business Bureau here I come

Re: Loss of speed. Dropped from hub, not from router. Verizon strikes again
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi whitakerfam,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes