Lost internet connection every once in a while.
Zethyr

Hello, I am in the NYC area with the HSIE 7.1-15 plan.

Starting yesterday (April 17, 2013), I've starting losing internet connection out of nowhere. After turning off/on the modem and router and waiting a few minutes, I regain service, only to have it happen a few hours later.

Is this an issue with my modem or router, or verizon?

0 Likes
Re: Lost internet connection every once in a while.
Johnvacan160

I belive the problem is from verizon i'm having the same problem and at first i though it was my wires which i replaced then the filters which i replaced and ordered new ones then i though it was the router so i got it checked and nothing there is nothing else left but verizon i've also opened up a new topic to get help on this and no replies yet i guess verizon is having alot of technical issues my mother told me that if this continues to happen she is going to cancel the service i would be recommending the same if our internet connection and phone server is gonna act like this in a way we cant even use it might as well as not pay for it. anyways i hope this problem gets solved i dont want to go through having to change the service.

0 Likes
JC19821

Hello!

I just joined the community!

Now- if you get an amber internet light on your BHR when your internet gets disconnected- this means the problem is most likely at the network.

Are your other services also affected when you lose internet?

0 Likes
Zethyr

My network itself is fine, I just lose connection to the internet.

@JC1982 wrote:

Hello!

I just joined the community!

Now- if you get an amber internet light on your BHR when your internet gets disconnected- this means the problem is most likely at the network.

Are your other services also affected when you lose internet?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Step one: Visit http://www.giganews.com/line_info.html and post up the Traceroute the page shows, if you wish. Be aware that the final hop (bottom-most line of the trace)  might contain a hop with your IP address in it. Remove that line. What I'm looking for is a line that mentions "ERX" in it's name towards the end. If for some reason the trace does not complete (two lines full of Stars), keep the trace route intact.

Step two: Can you provide the Transceiver Statistics from your modem?

#3 If you don't know how to get that info:

a) What is the brand and model of your modem?

b) If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to it: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

#4 If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to the modem, even if you know how to get the Transceiver Statistics from the modem: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

0 Likes
DCJ1950

I think my modem may be going bad. I have Westell 6100F (Made in China 2007). Is there a replacement for this model?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Visit http://192.168.1.1/ for me and do the following:

a) If you see a Blue and White Westell page, mouse over Troubleshooting, go to DSL, and choose Transceiver Statistics. Copy and paste the information on that page.

b) If using the Red and Black Firmware: Go to System Monitoring > Advanced Monitors > Transceiver Statistics. Copy and paste the information on that page.

c) Try visiting http://192.168.1.1/transtat.htm which is a direct link to the Stats on older modems.

d) If you need a Username and Password, try the following:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

admin/Serial Number.

By Serial Number, I don't mean type in the words Serial Number. I mean find and type in the serial number found on the bottom of this router.

0 Likes