Modem Problem Caused By Verizon Technician
happy291
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi.  I'm having a annoying problem.  We had a outage 2 days ago.  And I couldn't get my modem to sign in.  So I called Verizon.  Big mistake.  And wanted to see if they could help.  I usually use my great Actiontec modem.  But for Verizon help, I hooked the old Westell 327W modem up.  And he couldn't get my internet back.  But he sure messed up my password in the PPP Connection Profile area.  He took my original password I used to login to Verizon.  And gave me a temporally password so the outside person could fix the outage.  He told me to leave that password which is "{edited for privacy}".  And that is not my login password.  But now it must be a permanent password I'm stuck with.  It's the only password the modem will use.  But when I get to the website I get to use my real password.  I want to use my real password at the modem website too.  Please can somebody tell me how to get rid of this permanent password the tech guy put on my modem configuration.  This is soooo frustrating.  Here is a screen shot of the problem.  Thank you.

Re: Modem Problem Caused By Verizon Technician
gremlins
Enthusiast - Level 3

First always ask to speak to an english speaking person, Its a huge difference. I have had service people coming to my house after a rain I loose internet and my phone sounds like popcorn, they keep saying the box on the pole needs to be replaced but they cant do it.Been going on for 2 years. And then i get an email saying its all fixed.Even though there was nothing fixed. Good thing im not paying for fios.There are government agencys that eat this stuff. Like is there a clss action for non service? At the moment.

0 Likes