Modem and internet issues
Johnvolt

So I currently ordered HSI from verizon and the modem they sent me wont connect to the internet, all the lights are green, blinking, etc...except for the internet light which is either not lit at all or sometimes stays full red. I've kept doing dianostics on it and all my PC tells me to do is turn it off and on. Sadly it doesnt do anything...Now after like 2 days of fiddling with it I grabbed my parents old verizone modem from a year or two ago and plugged it in and it works like it should and I have internet and everything, but if I switch back to the original one they sent me it wont work :(. Like I said I'm using the older one, but my internet connection doesnt seem to be anywhere near 7mb...My first day i noticed it was down at 1.4-1.9mb which didnt bother me really, but now it won't go any higher then 150 kbs, which kinda does bother me. Any suggestions would be nice

The modem they originally sent me to use: GT704-WGB

The old modem I'm using is: F90-610015-06

If thats correct 😮

0 Likes
Re: Modem and internet issues
Johnvolt

correction the old modem is Model 6100F

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Either modem will work for the service, honestly. Keep one around as a spare and use the one you wish to use as your modem. It sounds like to me there may be a wiring issue if you're having issues even getting 7.1Mbps or for that matter, getting the ActionTec to obtain sync (The ActionTec's DSL Light is solid, correct?). If the issue isn't with getting the modem synced it might be a case of having a bad PPPoE login. Either way, give us information on which lights are doing what on the ActionTec.

From the working modem, go to http://192.168.1.1. Choose System Monitoring, Advanced Monitors and then choose Transceiver Statistics. Post up those statistics for me to see. If you are asked for a login, try the following:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

0 Likes
Johnvolt
Transceiver Revision:7.2.3.0 
Vendor ID Code:4 
Line Mode:ADSL2+ Mode 
Data Path:Interleaved 

Transceiver InformationDownstream PathUpstream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)125081073
Margin (dB)13.09.0
Line Attenuation (dB)29.515.0
Transmit Power (dBm)19.4

0 Likes
Johnvolt

those were the stats that came up, now I'm not genious with internet connectivity etc... so yeah...

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It looks like you're clocking in a 10Mbps/1Mbps connection. The speeds should be coming in much higher now that I've seen those statistics. Can you provide a Speedtest for us to see? In addition, can you perform a Line Quality Test over at DSLReports.com and provide the link to the completed test? The Line Quality test will require an account, as an FYI.

0 Likes
Johnvolt

Speed Test #99751381 by dslreports.com
Run: 2011-11-27 22:00:57 EST
Download: 893 (Kbps)
Upload: 835 (Kbps)
In kilobytes per second: 109 down 101.9 up
Boost: 893
Latency: 113 ms
Tested by server: 3 flash
User: anonymous