Modem has been unlocked
sspringer1

I have a Westell versaLink 327w.  It somehow has become unlocked.  I have tried to reset the password but the default username and password no longer work.  If I reset to factory setting, how had is it to reconfigure.  This modum has been in use for a number of years.  

Also are there modems that send a broader wireless signal than others???

0 Likes
Re: Modem has been unlocked
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you factory reset the 327w, the setup isn't too difficult. I would look up how to configure your modem for PPPoE in addition to configuring the Wireless for WPA security once it is reset. Make sure you include searching for the Walled Garden on the 327w, which can normally be disabled at http://192.168.1.1/verizon/redirect.htm

There are newer modems available, which Verizon supplies that can give you better wireless security, performance, and potetially range. The 327w is a pretty reliable gateway, although if you are looking for the newest ones, I would recommend grabbing an ActionTec GT784WNV from Verizon. I have no experience with the D-Link Gateways Verizon issues, but I have heard they are decent for as long as you've got yourself a good line.

0 Likes
Re: Modem has been unlocked
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi sspringer1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes