Muttipal DSL Outages daily
jtee623
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here we go again.  20 dsl outages today (Blinking red DSL light on modem).  These are just ones I know of.  I have talked to tech support and a tech was supposed to visit my home yesterday.  After waiting around the whole day for them to arrive I called dispatch at 6:30pm.  The told me that they rescheduled the visit for Tuesday.  Nice of them to let me know.  Not so much as a phone call to inform me.  Apparently Verizon thinks they are the only ones who work.  Now its time to wait another week with unacceptable service.

The last time this happened it was the node I was on in the central office.  (Yes this is an ongoing problem).  The tech that came out told me good luck getting switched to another node..  Seems like Verizon just doesn't care.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Muttipal DSL Outages daily
jtee623
Enthusiast - Level 3

If there is I cannot find any.  At this time the point is mute.  I will be switching providers.  I have been going through this off and on for a long time.  Been in contact with tech support, had numerous techs here, talked to people at an elevated level (can't think of the name.  precedential something or other).  Had one guy tell me it is the infrastucture where I live is too old but they will not replace the lines.  Had another person tell me it was the routers burning out.  Have told them the problems are usually isolated to the weekends so they insist on sending someone out during the week, instead of when the problems are happening.

In this day and age money is tight.  So when I purchase a service I expect it to function.  I have been paying but not getting what I pay for.  I have phone calls in and expect to be verizon free within the next week.  I have been given no other choice.  I will not continue to pay for something that I am not recieving.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
masho95
Enthusiast - Level 3

God I hate those D-Link modems.. any chance to post the tranceiver statistics? It might be possible to diagnose a problem with the line from those numbers.

jtee623
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wish I could find them mash.  Was easy on the Westell 7500.  Not so much on the D-Link 2750.  Things seem a little better today with the disconnects but that is the norm.  Always the most problems on the weekend.  Another reason why I told them I did not want them out here on Tuesday.  I want them to see the issues.  Best I have done is take screen shots everytime it disconnects. and another when it comes back.  Download streams vary from 10.1 (normal) to below 5.00.  Upload always steady at 1.1  I'm on the 7.1-15 package.

This issue has been going off and on for over 1 year.  Cannot seem to get it resolved.  The techs come out, see the problem, scratch their heads, and pretty much leave.  Say they have done everything they can do.  I have asked if downgrading to the 3-7 package may help and they say no.  I am approx 1.5 miles from the central office.  Their was one tech who came out, saw what was going on, and said there is no reason to check anything here.  They problem is the node you are on at the central office.  I asked to be changed to a differant node and was told good luck with that.  I have already been looking into differant providers as Verizon just doesnt seem to care.

0 Likes
Bron5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issues.  In my opinion it 's definitely not at the cutomer end but at Verizon's end (node, whatever).  EVryhting at my end ahs been triple checked numerous times and this just goes on and on.  Seems to have gotten worse in last few weeks.

Just look at the many posts here by people from all over.  Most would never come here to post, so must be thousands.

Good luck!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jtee623 wrote:

Wish I could find them mash.  Was easy on the Westell 7500.  Not so much on the D-Link 2750. 

Is there anything useful within the "Internet Troubleshooting" tab? It may not say Transceiver Statisitics directly however it will say information such as Attenuation, Margin (or SN Margin, or SNR), and show other line related information such as Transmit power, line mode, and possibly the Interleaving depth and state of the connection. Try clicking around a bit more as I'm sure there's a page on it. If it's really not there, that's not too good considering that information is useful for these forums. I'd have to have someone pull the stats from the DSLAM for each line with a D-Link in that case, and while it is a 5 second process it's tedious to have to do that when someone could web search on how to pull their stats and post them right away.

jtee623
Enthusiast - Level 3

If there is I cannot find any.  At this time the point is mute.  I will be switching providers.  I have been going through this off and on for a long time.  Been in contact with tech support, had numerous techs here, talked to people at an elevated level (can't think of the name.  precedential something or other).  Had one guy tell me it is the infrastucture where I live is too old but they will not replace the lines.  Had another person tell me it was the routers burning out.  Have told them the problems are usually isolated to the weekends so they insist on sending someone out during the week, instead of when the problems are happening.

In this day and age money is tight.  So when I purchase a service I expect it to function.  I have been paying but not getting what I pay for.  I have phone calls in and expect to be verizon free within the next week.  I have been given no other choice.  I will not continue to pay for something that I am not recieving.

0 Likes