• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Contributor
wwjd6793
Device: Actiontec GT704WGB

My connection is slow!!!!!

I had the regular 1 mbps plan but i upgraded to the 7.1 Mbps plan. My problem is i consistently get 4.9 mbps and in the evening it goes even lower to 2.1 mbps. I called tech support and that was pointless it still stayed the same. I play Xbox online and when i play it lags and was wondering if there was a way to get to the 7.1 Mbps or even just to get closer than 4.9 Mbps. I have a actiontec gt704wgb connected to a dry loop. HELP!!!!!!!

Employee
Anthony_VZ
0 Kudos

Re: My connection is slow!!!!!

Sorry for your internet slowdown. Have you tried rebooting or resetting the router/modem?

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Contributor
terryin21157
0 Kudos

my connection is always slow - we reboot the modem atleast 3-4 times a day - should not have to do this....somebody please help.....

MVP
dslr595148
0 Kudos

OP.

#1 Try to visit http://192.168.1.1/

#2 Choose Status -> DSL Status

#3 If you need a Username and Password, try the following:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

#4 Paste up the contents of the page you see.

--

To the other user who asked for help. If you don't have the same modem as the OP, please answer my questions.

#1 What is the brand and model of your modem?

#2 What is the brand and model of your router?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools