My connection speed is less than half of what I pay for
LionsMike
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the 768 Kbps download/ 125 Kbps upload service. for probably over a year I have had 330 Kbps to 380 Kbps download and about 120 Kbps upload. I have spoken with techs many many times nad they all see nothing wrong. I cannot strteam even low data videos without interuptions.

Here are my tranceiver stats  for the westell 327W versalink

Transceiver Rev.   7.2.3.0

Vendor ID code   4

Line Mode   G.DMT Mode

Data Path  Interleaved

Information                                Downstream Path          Upstream Path

DSL Speed Kbist/sec                    416                                   160

Margin dB                                         10.5                                   10.0

Line Atten  dB                                   63.5                                  31.5

Transmit Power dBm                     12.8                                   3.1

Do you see anything which might explain my problem

Re: My connection speed is less than half of what I pay for
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello LionsMIke,

We can definitely check into this for you to see what is going on. I sent you a private message to get started.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
Re: My connection speed is less than half of what I pay for
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Looks like the line is having an noise issue, which is reducing speeds. It could be from distance, line quality, or both. If your results from the modem do not improve at your NID (See this FAQ on what a NID is: www.dslreports.com/faq/1317 ), a device often located near your Electrical Service Panel/Meter, you'll need to get a Verizon tech out to see what they can do to get the speed higher.

0 Likes