Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
Lemon
0 Kudos

Need to change firewall settings to allow use of proxy server

I need to change my Verizon firewall settings to allow me to use a proxy server.  I am able to use the proxy server only if I disable the Verizon firewall. In the past I was able to use the proxy server even with the Verizon firewall set to Typical Security, but within the past couple of months Verizon has apparently changed something and this is no longer possible.

I have looked at the Port Forwarding menu and really have no idea what to do with it.  I see there is also a Custom Security option, but I am definitely not an "expert user" and don't know what to do there either.  I have the URL for the proxy and I know which port it needs to be sending data through, but I don't understand what I need to do to make the firewall allow this.

Can anyone explain to me exactly how I can change my firewall settings to allow me to access the Web via a proxy server? 

Gold Contributor V
somegirl

Re: Need to change firewall settings to allow use of proxy server

In order to know what to fix, it would be really helpful to know what actual problem you're having. What error do you get when trying to use your proxy server? Can you give us any specifics about your proxy server / configuration so we can try to duplicate your issue?

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Platinum Contributor I
Hubrisnxs

Re: Need to change firewall settings to allow use of proxy server

Also, what dsl modem/router do you have.   manufacturer and model number.  

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411