Netgear DNG1000 N150 (DSL)
DSLVA
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought the Netgear DGN1000 N150 to replace my 6 year old Westell 327W.. I used the Setup Wizard to install the Netgear but the internet light stays red and it says no modem detected even though it is installed correctly. The DSL light is green as is the others but it's not connecting to the internet. I had to plug the Westell back in to get internet. I did try to reset the Netgear but that didn't make any difference. Thanks

Re: Netgear DNG1000 N150 (DSL)
DSLVA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anybody have an idea? I just don't want to mess with it too much and cause the Westell unit to stop working. It seems like it would probably be something simple but I'm not an internet pro by any means. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Netgear DNG1000 N150 (DSL)
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was your old 327w connecting to Verizon using PPPoE or DHCP (shows up as Routed Bridge)? Check http://192.168.1.1/ while the Westell is operating to see what it states on the main page. From there, if your modem is using PPPoE ensure the Netgear is also using PPPoE with your Verizon username and Password, and the MTU on the Netgear is set to 1492. If your Westell is using Routed Bridge mode, leave the DSL disconnected overnight and try it again in the morning.

Failing that, we might need to go into a manual setup.

0 Likes