New HSI User - can't connect to Internet
diamondlil1

I activated my HSI service 6/25th. It seemed to work fine, however the very next day the connection to the Internet was dropped. I spent an hour using the Verizon Online Agent to try and fix the issue and they kept telling me there was either an issue with the router or with the DSL. I unplugged my phone, plugged it back in and then the connection was restored. Yesterday the connection was again dropped and I could not get it to reconnect at all. Today I called to make an appointment for a tech to come out and was told the earliest they had was Wednesday of next week. I can't take the day off as I'm leaving to go on vacation for two weeks and won't be back until 7/22nd. Any ideas on what the problem may be with my system?? I'd like to try to troubleshoot it myself again over the weekend.

I must say that I'm new to using DSL - used to have the Internet supplied by Comcast. So far I'm not impressed with this system and am considering returning to using cable.

0 Likes
Re: New HSI User - can't connect to Internet
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It does sound like your modem is losing sync or is otherwise locking up if a reboot solves the problem. What modem were you given?

0 Likes