New service taking forever to activate
SorrowsEnd
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I ordered HSI last Monday and they said the modem would be there on Friday. I got the modem on Wednesday and promptly plugged in and set it up. I called to see if they could activate my account but they said I would have to wait until Friday, That's fine, so Friday comes and still nothing so I call up. They say that my account is still being looked at but they will open up a support ticket and that ticket should be taken care of by Saturday/Sunday. I call Sunday and get told that the department looking at my issue (activation department?) isn't there on the weekends so I have to call back Monday. I called back yesterday and the tech on the phone ran through basic troubleshooting steps (that I've gone through with the other techs) then tells me that a person from the activation department will call me between 24-48 hours, this is the 3rd time I've heard that from a verizon tech and I'm just wondering if it takes an act of god to get DSL service. Also, they never call me back when they say they are going to I have to constantly keep calling them. Can the issue get resolved already so I can have internet in my new house?!

Re: New service taking forever to activate
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Getting DSL service in your home doesn't necesarily need an account with Verizon (other than of course, the one used to provision the line and to pay the bill!), in regards to activation. It's really plug and play. The first order of business to get sorted is, does your DSL modem happen to have a solid DSL light, and is the Internet light on it by any chance lit Green or blinking green? If the DSL light is solid you've got sync (meaning signal is coming in) and a Green Internet light indicates the connection is almost ready to go.

0 Likes
SorrowsEnd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess they have to send a tech out to look at the line, they are coming 9/27. I hope this will get resolved as it has been a big struggle to get this DSL internet installed (over a month of calling/waiting etc.)

ROFLBOB
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had nearly the exact problem. I ordered it pretty much 1 month ago, and after getting the runaround and being ignored for 2 weeks after my activation date, a technician finally came out to fix it. But the technician was really cool, he basically said I didn't have any connection because the phone circuits in the house were shorting eachother out. It was fixed in probably 10 minutes though.

SorrowsEnd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, the tech is supposed to come out today so I am waiting for his call. I will give you all an update as soon as I know more.

SorrowsEnd
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, the verizon guy came today and he installed everything, however, with speedtest.net I am getting a download speed of .41mb/s when downloading an actual file (anti-virus update) I was getting 11.6 kb/s which is stupid slow. So I called back verizon and they are sending out another tech today to check on somethings for me. The tech that came yesterday said he tested the line outside and it tested at 1.7 mb/s which is decent enough for me, so I'm wondering why there is such a difference between what he tested and what I'm seeing. I guess I'll find out today. Here's to hoping I get it fixed, and they left me an automated voicemessage last night saying my service had been activated and billing would start, hate to say it but I'm not paying a dime until I get service that is decent, a download speed of 11.6 kb/s ! I have seen that since late 90's. And they expect me to pay for that? Not likely.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@SorrowsEnd wrote:

So, the verizon guy came today and he installed everything, however, with speedtest.net I am getting a download speed of .41mb/s when downloading an actual file (anti-virus update) I was getting 11.6 kb/s which is stupid slow. So I called back verizon and they are sending out another tech today to check on somethings for me. The tech that came yesterday said he tested the line outside and it tested at 1.7 mb/s which is decent enough for me, so I'm wondering why there is such a difference between what he tested and what I'm seeing. I guess I'll find out today. Here's to hoping I get it fixed, and they left me an automated voicemessage last night saying my service had been activated and billing would start, hate to say it but I'm not paying a dime until I get service that is decent, a download speed of 11.6 kb/s ! I have seen that since late 90's. And they expect me to pay for that? Not likely.

If you can, provide your modem's Transceiver Statistics for us to see, as this will allow us to pinpoint what the problem is. If you don't know how to get this information, just tell us which modem (model) you have.

0 Likes