New westell 7500 Now computer no longer sleeps
nedt
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good day to all

I just got online with new Westell 7500 modem/router now HP Pavillion desk top computer

which has a  sleep button on keyboard will not stay in sleep mode.

There must be setting which I could change, I hope. If any one knows please share w/me

thanks

nedt

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New westell 7500 Now computer no longer sleeps
nedt
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Smith6612 wrote:

OK, try this:

Go to the Start Menu, search "Device Manager" and then press Enter on the Device Manager. From there, choose the name of your Network Adapter found under Network Adapters (if it's a desktop, there's usually one adapter, but some desktops have a Wireless card in them too), and double click on it to bring up the properties. In the Properties Window, locate the Power Management Tab, and verify that the check box titled "Allow this Device to Wake the Computer" is unchecked. If it's checked, uncheck it and press OK.

See if the problem is solved.

Hi smith6612 

Well yes the instructions were great and right to the point just the way I like.

I followed your instructions test computer it stayed a sleep for 3 minutes test time

it worked!

Tonight well be true test if computer still off come Fri.10th am, then I will really know

I thank you as before you response just so quickly it's nice

Thank You

nedt

ps a follow up  well come in a day or so

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you install any software while in the process of setting up the Westell 7500? That may be waking up the PC every now and again. Otherwise, I'd imagine it would be a Network Adapter setting we could change to prevent the PC from being awoken by anything coming from the router.

Reply back and we'll proceed from there.

0 Likes
nedt
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Smith6612 wrote:

Did you install any software while in the process of setting up the Westell 7500? That may be waking up the PC every now and again. Otherwise, I'd imagine it would be a Network Adapter setting we could change to prevent the PC from being awoken by anything coming from the router.

Reply back and we'll proceed from there.

Hi again smith6612

No new software.  Westell 7500 modem/router wireless, is the only thing new and I have it wired.

I also have a HP printer which is wired, wireless

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK, try this:

Go to the Start Menu, search "Device Manager" and then press Enter on the Device Manager. From there, choose the name of your Network Adapter found under Network Adapters (if it's a desktop, there's usually one adapter, but some desktops have a Wireless card in them too), and double click on it to bring up the properties. In the Properties Window, locate the Power Management Tab, and verify that the check box titled "Allow this Device to Wake the Computer" is unchecked. If it's checked, uncheck it and press OK.

nedt
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Smith6612 wrote:

OK, try this:

Hi smith6612 

Well yes the instructions were great and right to the point just the way I like.

I followed your instructions test computer it stayed a sleep for 3 minutes test time

it worked!

Tonight well be true test if computer still off come Fri.10th am, then I will really know

I thank you as before you response just so quickly it's nice

Thank You

nedt

ps a follow up  well come in a day or so

nedt
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi smith6612

Well it's the next an your information was right on. My slept all and never woke

again thank you so much

nedt

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad to hear 🙂

0 Likes