No HSI without landline voice = no Verizon customer
landerofzoo

It is a great shame that Verizon has decided to turn its loyal customers back into the arms of Comcast, a terrible service provider.  Unfortunately, Verizon has left me, and undoubtedly many others, with only one option: switch to Comcast.  By requiring subscribers to pay for land line telephone service, a dead technology given the services available VOIP and mobile phones, subscribers who simply want to bundle internet and TV service will need to abandon Verizon.

I am taking the time to write this because I absolutely despise Comcast and find its service terrible.  I hope that Verizon will do the right thing and allow its current HSI customers to enjoy their service bundle and not force them to pursue options with another service provider.  The only way this will happen is if other customers stand with me in informing Verizon that we will abandon Verizon as a service provider if they go through with their requirement to add local voice service by May 6, 2012. 

0 Likes
Re: No HSI without landline voice = no Verizon customer
edh01

Well what a sham.  I just signed up a month ago & no one told me this was on the way.  Looks like I have to go find someone else.  Don't need a phone line.  I have a super cell phone so Bye Bye Verizon.

If I cancel, they will probably want to penalize me for not completing my 1 year term.  Can't be treated like this.

They should join the ranks of the banks.

My 2 cents worth.

regards

Edh

0 Likes
jgip

Yeah, I just signed up for comcast internet service a couple of days ago. I know they have terrible customer service, but my HSI through verizon has been really crappy for the last couple of months. I've been increasingly disappointed with them over the last year or so. Time to drop them.

0 Likes
Bossmoondogma
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep.  Verizon just lost one HSI customer and the roughly $500 business I bring to them annually with this move.  Land lines are a dead business, and forcing it upon me is an insult to me as a customer.  Bad business decision for Verizon.

weedeater1
Contributor - Level 3

So, they're no longer allowing a 'dry loop' configuration?

0 Likes
ervinshiznit
Enthusiast - Level 1

Guys, I would check the post titled "Standalone DSL Subscribers" by a Verizon employee.  Specfically, the employee states:

"There will be no changes to service for all existing DSL customers. We’ve proactively provided existing customers a 30-day advance notice to make speed upgrades or downgrades to their existing service if they chose to do so."

We will be "grandfathered in" to our old plans.

TnkrBllHddnTgr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am furious that they are pushing this on us. The entire reason that I went with Verizon and not Comcast was because I could just get the Internet and not the phone. It saves money! I don't need the phone! I don't want the phone! The sad part is I am going to be moving in a couple of months and I either will have to cancel my Internet or pay more for the phone. Verizon this is a stupid move and I will be among the customers that you will be losing.

annfromjersey1
Enthusiast - Level 2

"Guys, I would check the post titled "Standalone DSL Subscribers" by a Verizon employee. Specfically, the employee states:

"There will be no changes to service for all existing DSL customers. We’ve proactively provided existing customers a 30-day advance notice to make speed upgrades or downgrades to their existing service if they chose to do so."

We will be "grandfathered in" to our old plans."

Apparently that's not true. I tried to cancel my landline this morning after finding out that I can't make long distance calls without being charged $1.99.

We never ever use our home phone. The only person that calls is robo-call school messages and my mother who has lousy cell coverage where she lives.

I was told I can't cancel my landline and keep DSL. I have been a DSL customer since 2005.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@annfromjersey wrote:

"Guys, I would check the post titled "Standalone DSL Subscribers" by a Verizon employee. Specfically, the employee states:

We will be "grandfathered in" to our old plans."

Apparently that's not true. I tried to cancel my landline this morning after finding out that I can't make long distance calls without being charged $1.99.

We never ever use our home phone. The only person that calls is robo-call school messages and my mother who has lousy cell coverage where she lives.

I was told I can't cancel my landline and keep DSL. I have been a DSL customer since 2005.

You may note that the post you are referring to is from 04-04-2012 08:37 PM - almost 3 months ago. You could have changed and still been "grandfathered in" during the 30 day period, but not now.