Re: No High Speed Internet AT ALL from ANY CARRIER
OSPF
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called Verizon Customer Service and after a bit I found someone who  knew what I was talking about when I asked for pricing on an ISDN-BRI line for a residential customer.   Guess what ?   About two years ago Verizon stopped offering ISDN/BRI-PRI lines to residential customers.    There is a remote CO a mile down the road from me so I then asked who did I have to talk to about why its not  DSL capable.  I  have no problems going door to door with a petition.    Just on my street  alone I could probably get close to 200 names and that's not even going outside of 1 mile.    Supposedly someone will be contacting me in the next 2 to 3 weeks so I guess I need to be patient for now.   

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Good luck in getting DSL 🙂 .

I'm surprised Verizon hasn't upgraded the Remote a mile away from you. If that's the one you're coming out of, should it have rack space inside and the correct connections going to it DSL shouldn't take very long to install at all.

0 Likes
OSPF
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's been a while since I checked this post, but I found and article on PRNEWSWIRE.COM about Verizon bringing DSL to '185,000 telelphone lines in nearly 90 switching facilities through out Virginia....'   My area; Old Church,  was listed  and the article was dated 10/14/2011 so I called thinking it would be avaliable.   Well as it goes no one in customer service has any idea about the article or when it will be avaliable to me.    Here's the link if anyone is interested. 

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/verizon-online-expands-high-speed-internet-access-in-virgini...

Now if someone could just tell me when it will be ready.  

0 Likes