No High Speed
whereismyint
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been asking Verizon for high speed internet for 5 or 6 years and I still do not have it. They keep telling me it will be available soon. I also signed the BFRR form with almost all the people in my area and that was 2 years ago. They told me if I have 25% of the people in my area to sign the form that it would be available within one year. Well it has been 2 years. Every time I call them they tell me that it is not available and that it will be soon and they never hear of the BFRR form. That they are trying to expand their services. Is there anything I can do to get high speed? I have a phone plan with them so I do have a phone line. DSL runs off a phone line. A phone line has 4 wires and 2 of them are used for phone and the other 2 DSL. So if I have the wires why can't I get the internet? I really do have internet because my dial up is so slow it takes 10 to 20 mins to load a page.

Re: No High Speed
whereismyint
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone have anything to help?

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

This forum is for members to help other members. Please be patient as your original post was less than an hour ago.

Thank you.

whereismyint
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm being patient with Verizon like 5 years patient.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
In this case I would talk to your town to have them get the ball rolling on getting DSL installed in your area, if it isn't already serviced in some areas already. By the way, DSL uses the same two pairs your phone uses. The other two pairs would be there for a dry loop DSL line, a secondary phone line or for splitting the DSL from the telephone service (should you want to go down that route).

I wouldn't be too expectant on Verizon putting in DSL. Both FiOS and DSL roll-outs have been pretty much halted at the moment. DSL is considered a last priority at the moment from what it seems.
whereismyint
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the info.