Re: 'Not Supported Method' using Google Chrome
prettypenny69

I am also not able to access my account through Google chrome, It comes up not supported method, A couple of days ago on my account page there was a note that said that Verizon was aware of the problem and they were trying to come up with a solution, but now more than a few days later, I'm still getting message. I have tried a few times and still can't get on, so I go to internet explorer, but it is a royal pain in the butt. I am trying to contact tech support, but it is too late so I will try again tomorrow. Anyone else have any info on this problem? I also have no problem accessing all other websites, it is just verizon

0 Likes
Mike_Agner
Enthusiast - Level 3

As documented elsewhere in this thread, if you're using Chrome, go up to the upper right where the wrench is, click on it, click on 'New Incognito Window' then use webmail.verizon.net/signin/ to get to your email. This seems to work consistently for me.

I don't think Verizon is working on this problem as much as they'd like to have you believe...Mike

0 Likes
Dragon7
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Chrome Incognito method worked only once for me (as someone else noted here), despite clearing everything on it (as someone else noted here).  Almost as if Verizon is somehow "Big Brother-ing" our pcs, and as soon as we find a work around, they sabotage it! Smiley Very Happy

Has anyone tried turning off the McAfee "Mega-Security" from Verizon to see if that will stop the "Not Supported Method" difficulty?  I don't recall seeing that in these many pages on this issue.  Of course, it will temporarily render the pc vulnerable, but I'm curious if that will work.

I'll try the alternative log-in address with the incognito window.  I'm looking for something that works better than IE8.  Having LOTS of difficulty with internet dropping tonight--very windy and cold here in Southcentral PA the past several days.  Every time it's very windy, very cold, or very rainy, I have internet problems with Verizon.  Phone gets lots of static also under those conditions.  Thanks, Verizon!!  Just love these how-many-years-old wires and connections outside and in the laundry room basement!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Here's another thing that might work. Instead of trying to log in using the forum found on the MyVerizon page found to the top right, click the Log In link found at the top right corner of the page, let it take you back to the same page, and enter your Login info into the pop-up login form. It should then either take you to the login page, and proceed, or if you receive the typical message of "Not Supported Method" or "Internal Server Error," reload the error page, resubmitting information until you log in or are taken back to the main page where you are asked to log in again. It can take many refreshes, but eventually it should work. No need for Incognito/Private mode or disabling security software for this to work.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
 I now access the site by logging in at http://webmail.verizon.net/signin/    Seems to be a work around until the real problem is fixed
0 Likes
Dragon7
Enthusiast - Level 2

That one works for me consistently via Google Chrome.  Strangely, after I started doing that, when I go to the Verizon.net portal through my desktop icon, it now moves very fast, no hanging, no messages telling me I can't login for whatever reason. 

After reading through several threads on this topic (trying to fnd this one), this seems truly a bizarre problem, affecting IE, Google, and Firefox users for no apparent reason.  Since Verizon is the common denominator here, I agree with those who tend to think

"there'th thump'm amith here" (as Daffy Duck would say) with Verizon's systems and compatitbility with all the multiples involved here.  Really, it's way past time that Verizon upgraded and updated across the boards.  I continue my search for a better internet provider.

As for Verizon's "tech's" not-so-great idea for me to upgrade to IE8 several months ago so I could log in through IE: Google Chrome is still faster than IE8, wonder if I can remove that and go back to IE7???Smiley LOL

0 Likes