Okay, Verizon....what with the DSL slowdown? Service has been fine up til now...why the problem???
opalasattic
Enthusiast - Level 1

After reading a few other entries out here it seems I'm not the only one who's having major MAJOR bandwith slowdown problems lately....needless to say after practically two years great service with you guys  I"M NOT HAPPY!!

The bandwidth throttling (for want of a better way of putting it) has been a bit of  a headache for some time now but since

it's only been during "prime hours" (5PM to 12AM) up till this point hasn't really been a big deal (I'm a nightowl y'see, but since last week it's been 24/7. I can't upload photos, I can't watch videos...I can't dl from Starzplay,Amazon Netflix and go

online at the same time like I used to....downloads that used to take 12 minutes now take 5 to 10 hours, streaming video is practically unwatchable...what the hell is going ON????? I've had my service for a couple of years now and have never EVER had problems like this!! I've had the same modem, same service....I even got a new computer for Xmas that gives me an even better response time and as said, up to this point I've had no complaints but brother...do I have a complaint now!

Oh, just in case you want to  know, I have the same Westell 6100 I've had since my service started and I have the 1.7 MPS plan...sad to say you guys don't offer anything faster than that in my area and of course there's no FIOS now or it seems in the immediate future where I live....we don't have satellite or cable at the moment cos we simply can't afford it so my internet connection is the only source of entertainment we have. Now with all this nonsense....frankly I don't know what the hell to say or do.  My husband loves his English football....we have Fox Soccer TV and with this horrific connection of late it's impossible for him to watch it now and for me to do anything online while it's running. 

Now  there...I've said my piece...what's the solution to all of this? Ditch you guys and go someplace else? I don't want to, believe me....as stated your service has been great up til now, but this has become an intolerable situation....what's your take on all of this?

Re: Okay, Verizon....what with the DSL slowdown? Service has been fine up til now...why the problem?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This has been a problem for many now that the Internet is basically everyone's source of Entertainment. Verizon hasn't exactly been investing so much into the DSL network to keep up with the demand, not that they aren't doing any. When it comes down to it, Verizon should have additional circuits available in your Central Office to route you through which should deliver better performance if what you're seeing is congestion. If you could however, post up your modem Transceiver Statistics. If you don't know how to get them, visit http://192.168.1.1/ and choose System Monitoring, Advanced Monitors and then choose Transceiver Statistics.

IF you need a User/Pass for the modem, try the following:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

This information will let us see if the slow-down is due to a line issue or if it's due to congestion.

Re: Okay, Verizon....what with the DSL slowdown? Service has been fine up til now...why the problem?
opalasattic
Enthusiast - Level 1

Um....none of the name/pass combos are working. 

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since that did not work:

#1 First try admin as the user name and use the serial number (case sensitive) that is found on the bottom of this modem.

#2 If that does not work: Besides a phone line and a power supply, please check and report back what else you find connected to this modem.

0 Likes