• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Contributor
Zouave114
0 Kudos

Old Modem?

My Modem is a Westell A90 built in 2002. Could that be a reason I lose my connection fairly often? I connect again by turning off modem-Router-computer, then turning on modem, wait 2 minutes, then router, computer. Would Verizon replace the mode for a newer one? The router is a Netgear RP614v2. These are all wired.

Jeff

Contributor
moordenaar
0 Kudos

Re: Old Modem?

I've got a Westell A90 from 2001 and it never loses connectivity.  Must be something else unless the modem is going bad.
Contributor
Zouave114
0 Kudos

For those who may still add their two cents, I accidentally clicked "solution." I still have disconnect problems.

jeff

KaLin
0 Kudos

Hi zouave114,

I've unchecked the accepted solution in order for you to receive more replies that may fix your issue.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer that solved your issue as the accepted solution.

Silver Contributor III
Telcoguru
Device: Actiontec Rev I
Plan: FDV\75 down 35 up
0 Kudos

The only time I've noticed the modem going bad was after a lightning storm. Usually if your loosing connection to the modem you probably have a line trouble somewhere. The first place to start is your NID to determine if the problem is yours or the telephone companies. I'm still using my original wirespeed modem after all these years with no trouble.
Contributor
Zouave114
0 Kudos

I realize there are so many questions to try and deal with on this site, Thank you for the quick response. I will try what you suggest and test some things.

Jeff

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools